What's new

Quick Question re: Powerline

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Eldram

Regular Contributor
I'm interested in getting these for my apartment so that my PS3 and PS4 can have a wired connection:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010Q29KRK/?tag=snbforums-20

However, all of my wall outlets already have an input taken up. Will it be a problem if both adapters use the second input of the wall, therby taking up the whole wall socket? I'm concerned about noise, interference etc. My first experience with powerlines was a bust (mostly because the adapters I had very very outdated and I got them cheap) so I'm giving it a second chance with these. Please advise and thank you!

Today's AV2-MIMO adapters are a bargain at around $90 for a pair with built-in filtered outlet.

Two of the three top-ranked AV2-MIMO adapters have built-in filtered outlet and the third comes in a filtered version (NETGEAR PLP1200).

Today's AV2-MIMO adapters are a bargain at around $90 for a pair with built-in filtered outlet.

Two of the three top-ranked AV2-MIMO adapters have built-in filtered outlet and the third comes in a filtered version (NETGEAR PLP1200).
I know that I'm digging on a very old post, but I was wondering what is the best powerline as of 2020, the list is from 2015.

I can't say if I haven't tested them.

That said, powerline technology hasn't changed since then.

I can't say if I haven't tested them.

That said, powerline technology hasn't changed since then.
Right now I'm leaning towards the PLP1200 kit, unfortunately it doesn't look like it has a software like TPPlc (from tp-link) that let you disable power saving features/makes you choose preset, but it still looks like a solid choice (even with zero firmware upgrade releases since launch)
I can get a Netgear PLP1200 (same chips as the pa8010 that I had before) for the same price as Devolo Magic Lan 2 based on G.hn.
I can't find many info about the comparison of these two standards, is G.hn superior to AV2? I need these powerlines mostly for time sensitive applications, so I'm comfortable trading throughput for latency and overall stability.