What's new

Quick question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

espalmer

New Around Here
I have been looking to replace my v1 rt-ac66u. Been solid for me but after three years it is starting to show its age. I am currently narrowing down my choices. I have looked into the new tri-band routers among others and therein lays my question.
The reviews always mention they are best for an environment with "alot" of devices. What is meant by alot?

Have aprox 8 ac devices, 3 n devices (2 at 2.4 only), and 7 wired (I know they dont count the same, merely trying to present a clear network picture).

Thanks for taking a look. o_O

Have been know to to have up to three hidef steaming, and 2 iphone( using Sprint wifi) at the same time. The 66u handles just trying to future proof (ish).

Quick Answer...

No - stick with what you have for the moment... interesting things coming up in 2016 as the vendors move the top tier from AC1900 class to the next option...

Thanks for the input. I usually have common sense in these matters, but it helps to hear it from others, besides the wife that is.............

I will do my utmost not to scratch this particular itch to buy something new and shiny....

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!