What's new

R66u repeater mode does not work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shooter40sw

Hi guys, i got 3.0.0.4.380_8228 asus last firmware. but before I hade merlin firmware and same results, I live in an hotel at the time, and the signal at my room is not good, I got the asus to start repeating the signal, it does connect to the master router, I did not maintain the same names of the signal because I only want my electronics to connect to it, so I changed them, I have reset the router to factory defaults a few times, but nor ipad o 2 different android phone got internet, they can successfully connect to the router but just dont have internet, and from the diagnostics of the router I can ping the internet, and it does update ntp, so the router in repeating mode has internet, but anything that connects to it does not., I tired merlin and the stock asus firmware, can anyone help?
Thanks

I used DD-WRT on a WRT54G as a repeater that would automatically connect to the strongest open WIFI. It should also work on your Asus.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Well I got it working, with the help of johns fork thanks @john9527 , merlins fork and the original did not work in repeater mode, so if anybody is having similar issues, give this firmware a shot.

Same, @DanGes ... I updated my firmware today because I thought "What could go wrong", and now the repeater mode isn't working. I'm thinking of posting into the ASUS N Routers subfoorum with more detail.