What's new

R7000 access NAS of WNDR4720

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ulaganath

Very Senior Member
Hi Guys

I just got my R7000 and connected to internet and its up and running smooth.

I wanted a complex but looks to be simple way to access the storage of wndr only via wired . Ie i wish to access the storage of wndr4700 2tb media server and readyshare via r7000 connected through LAN .

Kindly help me how to access the storage of it via wired and wireless say through samba or ftp etc for streaming.

i finally made that happen.Now i can see the centria storage with devices connected through my r7000.

Even the netgear team declared that there is no way to configure the centria as NAS. I made it possible with simple setup of configuring the two routers.

I made the centria to aline to r7000 router ip range with different gateway to avoid clash. And disabled the centria DHCP server. So that R7000 will be the prime DHCP server assigning the IP to centria and centria will be connected as wired client.

So that every devices connected to r7000 both wired and wireless will have access to centria internal HDD of 2tb and if any connected USB 3.0 storage.

Now i had the best NAS based router cost very less than what market offers. and Best wireless AC till date the top WAN_LAN speed. Though it may not be my needs.

Still the wifi is best in ac class. though the MU MIMO is way to go until next year clients are not declared yet.

Currently one thing is my pc conencted to r7000 can see both readyshare storage of my r7000 and centria. But the phone sometimes get confused what in the network. Sometime i see both something either one.

Coming to the reliability and speed. Yes i was wondering what speed i get from jumping from centria to nighthawk as both claimed to have 1ghz dual core may 2 gen ahead r7000. But still only going to be marginal difference.

But to my surprise it way to go . Most settings are instance. but few still take time only when clicking apply which in turn keeps updating the router.

Hope in future the update setting gets loaded quicker as navigating between settings.

unless a big change in ISP static ip and LAN ip range.

Now the speed on the new v.30 is good and commentable. Follows

with R7000 USB 2.0 R 34MB/s and W22MB/s
USB 3.0 R 48MB/S and W 33MB/s

Previously centria USB3.0 R 60MB/s & W 22MB/s
Internal hdd R 90MB/s & W 27M/s

So its mix match. The best read in centria and optimum R & W in R7000 is good for all the connected devices.

Hope this solves my query and give a glimpe for the performance people are expecting from a decent AC router.