What's new

R7000 and android deveices on 2.4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lepa71

I seem to have some speed issues with android devices working on 2.4 GHz band. I have Comcast 50/5 plan and on laptops I get between 50-52 Mbps down easily on 2.4 band while on 5 GHz band I get between 57-60 Mbps, but all android devices get between 25-35Mbps on 2.4 GHz even if stay right in front of the router. The android devices that have dual band cards can get 48-54Mbps on 5GHz band. This is on channel 6 which is the best out of 1, 6 , 11 channels. The strange thing is that I may get a little bit better results by switching to channel 7 but I don't really want to. I also have Asus 68R running Merlin's .55 fw and those android devices get on channel 6 get what I get on 5Ghz band(48-54Mbps).

Anybody else see this? Any thoughts?

I'm on V1.0.4.28_1.1.64, but I did use the latest .30. I did have other issues on the latest .30 and based on netgear forum I downgraded to .28 and it is working better for me.

Interesting to know what specific issues experienced with .30?

Will look into the Android 2.4 GHz issue you reported

I had speed inconsistency on both 5 and 2.4 bands and disconnects on .30. On 5 band speed would drop down to 450Mbps.

Can you help confirm the following please:

1. Make/model of your Android device?
2. Please confirm if the router 2.4 GHz setting is configured "up to 600 Mbps" so would be using 2 channels?
3. If 20/40 MHz co-existence is disabled, does this increase speed?

I also face the same issue of not reaching the rate ISP speed on 2.4Ghz. But AC wireless it easily reaches and goes beyond rated. But only 2.4Ghz is workable over long range.

See answers below
Can you help confirm the following please:

1. Make/model of your Android device? Nexus 10, Galaxy Tab2 7", Asus ME301, Verizon S3, Verizon LG G2
2. Please confirm if the router 2.4 GHz setting is configured "up to 600 Mbps" so would be using 2 channels? Yes, it is configured "upto 600 Mbps
3. If 20/40 MHz co-existence is disabled, does this increase speed? Auto 20/40 enabled. Speed does not change by disabling this setting.

Let me know if you want me to try something else.

I had the same problems, with android, I ended up downgrading to V1.0.4.18_1.1.52.
I know it old but it works, in my environment. the only thing that doesn't work is IPV6, but wireless works just fine,