What's new

R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.11.100

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 22229

Finally for those with the R7000.

R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.11.100

Security Fixes:

• Fixes security issues.
Bug Fixes:

• Fixes the issue where disconnected devices still display as connected after a period of time.
    • Fixes the issue where the system default time displays as 2015 when the NTP sync up fails.
    • Fixes the system crash or out of memory issue
    • Fixes the issue where incorrect data displays under the attached devices list.
    • Fixes the issue where devices under the attached devices list can’t be edited.
    • Fixes typos in the GUI.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061805/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-11-100

I rebooted, Flashed it, Performed a Factory reset and it ran good for 3 days and dropped 5g wifi. Rebooted, ran for 36 hours and dropped 5g wifi. Rebooted and ran 6 hours and dropped 5g wifi and now it is dropping 5g less than 20 minutes with each root. Now I went back to 1.0.9.42 again. This is the only stable firmware. I'm tired of this.

I rebooted, Flashed it, Performed a Factory reset and it ran good for 3 days and dropped 5g wifi. Rebooted, ran for 36 hours and dropped 5g wifi. Rebooted and ran 6 hours and dropped 5g wifi and now it is dropping 5g less than 20 minutes with each root. Now I went back to 1.0.9.42 again. This is the only stable firmware. I'm tired of this.

Time for a new router. As you can simply see the r7000 and many others are a firmware mess. Why waste your time with Netgear they don't care so move on and be done.

Time for a new router. As you can simply see the r7000 and many others are a firmware mess. Why waste your time with Netgear they don't care so move on and be done.
I plan too. Just a tough time to be buying a new router and not only that, which. A lot of older routers out there still selling for big money like the Asus rt-ac88u, a 2015 or 2016 router. I want 6+ lan ports that support lan Aggregation. I prefer tri-band but I don't need it. I also want something that has at least the same coverage this r7000 has. I get wifi with it on all of my 1/2 acre property.

1 Suggestion I picked up the Asus RT-AX58U at best buy. To my surprise it has been just about the best router i ever owned. Just a option to think about. Regularly updated and also Merlin supported. Can be found for 159.00 bran new.

1 Suggestion I picked up the Asus RT-AX58U at best buy. To my surprise it has been just about the best router i ever owned. Just a option to think about. Regularly updated and also Merlin supported. Can be found for 159.00 bran new.
I looked at it but I was leary after this review: https://www.mbreviews.com/asus-rt-ax58u-review/

Also I really prefer 6+ LAN Ports with Lan Port Aggregation. That said, I am very limited on choices. Asus AC88U and the tplink AX6000.

I found a warehouse deal on the AC88U for 153.... screw it.

Last edited:
Let us know how the AC88U is from a NG owner perspective. I gave my R7000 to a family member and will tell him what the last stable firmware is to use. He's in the market for a router but besides my R7800 with voxel..do not know what to recommend except asus.

Let us know how the AC88U is from a NG owner perspective. I gave my R7000 to a family member and will tell him what the last stable firmware is to use. He's in the market for a router but besides my R7800 with voxel..do not know what to recommend except asus.
I was looking at the tp-link Archer A20 as well but there weren't any around that wasn't stupid price. I really wanted a tri-band but too. The other thing I wanted was at least 6LAN ports and LAN Aggregation.

I should get the Asus by Monday. I'm anxious to try it. My last 2 routers were Netgear and I think I've had the R7000 for at least 4 years.

Good Luck although the AC88 is approaching 6 years old. I would have got something more recent. Also not sure what reviews you read on the AX58U but it's a better router hardware wise and performance wise then the old AC88U.

I was looking at the tp-link Archer A20 as well but there weren't any around that wasn't stupid price. I really wanted a tri-band but too. The other thing I wanted was at least 6LAN ports and LAN Aggregation.

I should get the Asus by Monday. I'm anxious to try it. My last 2 routers were Netgear and I think I've had the R7000 for at least 4 years.

I gave up on my R7000. I use the DLNA support, and they dropped it. That and the 'crap' f/w they were putting out really left me no choice to move on. I didn't want to stay on old f/w for DLNA and forgo any security fixes.

I did get a TP-Link A20 as a replacement. Has a few quirks, but basically it just works. Same or better coverage in my house that the R7000 as well. Can reach further outside the house, but not that significantly more.

Still on the first release of f/w after the initial one. Seems the A20 is hard to get these days? B&H Photo has it back ordered and it doesn't seem to be on Amazon where I bought mine nor does NewEgg? Not sure why, but the C4000 is basically the same router. See https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/167246 but that one seems to be more expensive?

Good Luck although the AC88 is approaching 6 years old. I would have got something more recent. Also not sure what reviews you read on the AX58U but it's a better router hardware wise and performance wise then the old AC88U.

There are not any new routers that have 8 LAN Ports with Link aggregation that do not cost 250+ dollars. I thought about getting an Edge RouteX but it only has 4 ports and the CPU is weak as hell on it. The AX58U is not a better router, its just a newer Entry level router that supports wifi6. I don't have a need for wifi6 yet and could be a while.

I gave up on my R7000. I use the DLNA support, and they dropped it. That and the 'crap' f/w they were putting out really left me no choice to move on. I didn't want to stay on old f/w for DLNA and forgo any security fixes.

I did get a TP-Link A20 as a replacement. Has a few quirks, but basically it just works. Same or better coverage in my house that the R7000 as well. Can reach further outside the house, but not that significantly more.

Still on the first release of f/w after the initial one. Seems the A20 is hard to get these days? B&H Photo has it back ordered and it doesn't seem to be on Amazon where I bought mine nor does NewEgg? Not sure why, but the C4000 is basically the same router. See https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/167246 but that one seems to be more expensive?
Yea so I gave up on getting one. I got a great deal on a Amazon Warehouse deal on an AC88U so I decided to give that a try. I wish the industry didn't stray away from Wired Routers.

The AX58U is not a better router, its just a newer Entry level

Compare the specs. AX58U has better hardware hands down entry level or not. The AC88U is old tech by todays standards. Anyway as i said good luck.

Compare the specs. AX58U has better hardware hands down entry level or not. The AC88U is old tech by todays standards. Anyway as i said good luck.
I have... I don't know why you think its thats much better.

https://www.asus.com/us/Product-Compare/?products=e5rP2N02bDRfXJUO,b2nmtj8czggu4mud&b=0

Yea its has WPA3, axWiFi. TriCore CPU but is it really better that's unknown. The ac88u still performs closely to the ax88u.

The ac88u has 4x4 MIMU, Link aggregation, 8 LANs, more coverage...

Over a year ago I had the RT-AC3100 (RT-AC88U's 4 Port cousin). The RT-AC86U handily outperformed it.

Just like the RT-AX88U handily outperformed the RT-AC86U.

An RT-AC88U doesn't perform 'closely' to the RT-AX88U at all.

Not if range and throughput are your criteria. :)

Over a year ago I had the RT-AC3100 (RT-AC88U's 4 Port cousin). The RT-AC86U handily outperformed it.

Just like the RT-AX88U handily outperformed the RT-AC86U.

An RT-AC88U doesn't perform 'closely' to the RT-AX88U at all.

Not if range and throughput are your criteria. :)

It holds its own very well especialy at only 153 bucks. I don't need 800mbps throughput wifi. I want the range, 8 LANs, Link Aggregation, Powerfull to handle a full house of gamers and streaming.

https://dongknows.com/asus-rt-ac88u-review/

Last edited:
Fair enough, but dong only knows so much. For instance, belief in backup config files being interchangeable between router models. :eek:

Anything at a big enough discount can be deemed worth it.

In the end, the only thing that matters is how it performs in your network.

In mine, it is old tech now. :)

Fair enough, but dong only knows so much. For instance, belief in backup config files being interchangeable between router models. :eek:

Anything at a big enough discount can be deemed worth it.

In the end, the only thing that matters is how it performs in your network.

In mine, it is old tech now. :)

I know the ax88u has a better processor and more ram and not comparing wifi speed, what does the ax88u do better than the ac88u?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!