What's new

R7000 New Firmware review

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ulaganath

Very Senior Member
Can anyone post the PERFORMANCE and stability of current firmware of R7000 1.0.4.30 latest one.

I see the latest firmware needs to be re-reviewed by the small net. Why its not happening after firmware update. I saw few reviews update the orginal review with firmware mentioned stating after firmware that got fixed.

Can anyone tell me how to access the netgear wndr4700 media server via r7000. I just wanted now wndr centria to act as NAS and Media server. Do i need to add any port forwarding or something like that.

More over i dont wanted to use centria wifi to access the storage. Just a media/NAS through available 1 or 2 gigabyte connection to my r7000

On my newish Apple MBP, after upgrading the R7000 firmware to 1.0.4.30, I was no longer able to use the 5G network, just the 2.4 side. The 5G had been working nominally until the upgrade.

Based on a comment I had seen (somewhere, I don't recall now), I downgraded to R7000 1.0.4.28 and now everything is working again!

Oh is it. I see its weird. May be did you check the region getting reset and try setting the manual channel so that it might work. See in .28 and then do it via .30.

It seems only iphone series is facing 5g issues not android based phones face any issues. its working flawlessly. Check if resetting the iphone works.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!