What's new

R7500 V1.0.0.92 Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tommyknocker2121

Occasional Visitor
I experienced a bug with the new firmware for the R7500. When I enabled the 2.4 Ghz guest network, it caused the 2.4 Ghz private network to disappear. It wasn't just an issue of the SSID not being broadcast -- it was just gone. This bug did not extend to the 5 Ghz guest and private networks.

Downgrading to V1.0.0.82 corrected the issue.

Anyone else experience this?

I have forwarded your report to Netgear product team. Ill post back any finds I learn.

Bob Silver
Netgear Networking Advisor

Product terrible, poor speed on both frequencies and insufficient coverage, one of the worst purchases I made.

Doc Octopus

When the 7500 was released there were some firmware issues. Please try updating your firmware on the unit. Reviewer results improved significantly after the launch firmware was updated.

Bob Silver
Netgear Networking Advisor

is updated to the latest firmware, my assessment does not change while acknowledging some better introduced.

Product terrible, poor speed on both frequencies and insufficient coverage, one of the worst purchases I made.

I just picked up this router a few days ago, I am coming from the asus ac87r which is a good router but very buggy FW. I noyiced with the 87r I was having issues with my 4 gaming consoles and I also think that it did not play nice with playstation gaming consoles, having major lag issues, dissconnet issues, the whole nine yards. Anyways give up on it, even putting merlins fw it had issues, so I took a chance on this R7500 and man I have not had any issues with it at all. I do not use all the features that this router has, I dont hook up usb devices or vpn and all that stuff, I mainly use it for the range it has, its been working fine and even the gaming consoles are having no issues at all.

I have been reading all these threads saying the router is terrible but I have not had any issues at all, keeping my fingers crossed.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!