What's new

R7800 change region

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

munkong

New Around Here
Would like to know how to correct the region too.. Can post the details here?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the GUI doesn't allow region change, you can't legally change it. We don't allow helping with illegal hacks on SNBForums.

It's probably an US model, which is locked (as required by FCC).. mine (EU model) allows region selection in Netgear GUI.. but previous comments about power/channels and legality still apply.

For me, I'm thinking of saving a little, and get a used one in US, for use back in my own country. A new one cost a lot back in my own country.

There is a telnet command that definately works to change region but as mentioned it would be illegal.

I didn't want to mention it here :) but google should help.. it's not permanently locked like on newer Broadcom routers..

I'm just curious. Why would one want to change region, and why is it illegal?

IMO this policy is designed against of such stuffs:

For me, I'm thinking of saving a little, and get a used one in US, for use back in my own country. A new one cost a lot back in my own country.

Changing region is locked to disallow such "saving a little".

Voxel.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!