What's new

R7800 New Firmware V1.0.1.30

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Killhippie

'Fixes potential auto Reboot issue' available as of now via the routers firmware update facility, sadly they did not roll the iOS connection fix into this. :(

Last edited:
Quite... I'm disappointed.
Tell me about it :( They surely could have added that fix what's the point of such a tiny update. Saying that Its now live on the Netgears support site, I re-did the update today as I had a few connectivity issues with websites after the update even though I reset after. I prefer to reset before I update and after, but either way doing it via the update file from the site seems always to be less problematic than doing it over the routers own update facility.

..I prefer to reset before I update and after, but either way doing it via the update file from the site seems always to be less problematic than doing it over the routers own update facility.
I did the last update using the router's built in update capability without any problems. I'm curious to know about your problems with this method. Ignorance is not necessary bliss. :)

I think they were asking me :) I found the first update left websites not loading properly, re-doing the update for myself cured that issue. Updates can go a bit awry and I prefer to use the update from netgear rather than the routers own update facility, pretty much personal preference. We all have our ways of doing things.

Ah, this explains what I'm seeing on my iPad Air 2 with the new firmware. I had read that Apple iOS problems were fixed, so this is a very unfortunate regression. They probably did the Apple iOS fix after the branch that this firmware was generated from was taken. Either that or they forgot to roll the Apple fix back onto their development trunk so later branches aren't getting it. Oh well, I'm sure that they'll hear about this one.

Can anyone point me to the latest firmware that has the iOS fix, please? Even if it's a beta?

Thanks!

Ah, this explains what I'm seeing on my iPad Air 2 with the new firmware. I had read that Apple iOS problems were fixed, so this is a very unfortunate regression. They probably did the Apple iOS fix after the branch that this firmware was generated from was taken. Either that or they forgot to roll the Apple fix back onto their development trunk so later branches aren't getting it. Oh well, I'm sure that they'll hear about this one.

Can anyone point me to the latest firmware that has the iOS fix, please? Even if it's a beta?

Thanks!
You should probably ask @NETGEAR Guy as it was a private beta (the branch with the fix was an earlier branch than the current or previous releases and contained none of the newer features, but it is getting rolled into the current production branch with an expected release in June)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!