What's new

R7800 Slow Wifi Speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Internetuser957

Occasional Visitor
I Got My X4S-R7800 3 Weeks ago and it's been having 2 issues while on WiFi (PC that's wired does not seem to have these issue) 1. Slow WiFi-Right when I got it I was getting around 150 Mbps Using 5Gz While standing right near the Router When My Previous router a go 275-300+ Mbps (Tired Using Multiple Devices and the same speeds on all of them) but now after a few weeks it has slowed down to around 30-50 Mbps. Already Tried Disabling QOS,WWM and downgrading from the Latest version V1.0.2.5) To the Previous one (V1.0.2.60)
2. Also Experiencing Intermittent Connection (Packet loss) While On WIFI.

My 7800 as shipped did exactly this and is the reason I found this forum and Voxel's firmware.
Make sure you are on the latest firmware version from Netgear if nothing else (a .63 beta i think?).
Or make the leap to Voxel's firmware - the .68 is running great here, been using Voxel since his .62 version.

My 7800 as shipped did exactly this and is the reason I found this forum and Voxel's firmware.
Make sure you are on the latest firmware version from Netgear if nothing else (a .63 beta i think?).
Or make the leap to Voxel's firmware - the .68 is running great here, been using Voxel since his .62 version.

Interesting, Just to Clarify What Issue did you also Experience? Both Slow Speeds and Intermittent Connection?

Ok, I'll Try .63 Beta Tonight and if that does not work then I'll try Voxel.

But with my issues I'm second guessing my Purchase and was thinking of Sticking with my Asus 68U.

Both issues as you described are why I almost returned my 7800. But since finding Voxel in January it's been a rock solid machine.

From following the forums around here I remember seeing the .63 beta from netgear fixes these issues as well.
Before that beta everyone still using Netgear FW was downgrading to Netgear's .52 version for it's stability.

Both issues as you described are why I almost returned my 7800. But since finding Voxel in January it's been a rock solid machine.

From following the forums around here I remember seeing the .63 beta from netgear fixes these issues as well.
Before that beta everyone still using Netgear FW was downgrading to Netgear's .52 version for it's stability.
Gotcha,Will Try those Firmwares.
Do you have any thoughts on Asus 68U Vs Netgear R7800?

From following the forums around here I remember seeing the .63 beta from netgear fixes these issues

Netgear .63 firmware is exactly the same as the .62 firmware only thing added was a few security fixes.

Look at the CH Width and use the right CHs for the both bands and do NOT use AUTO settings for none of them and upgrade to the latest 3rd part FW.

Look at the CH Width and use the right CHs for the both bands and do NOT use AUTO settings for none of them and upgrade to the latest 3rd part FW.
Ok, Do you think that the Channels where my issue?
Decided to return it but now having second thoughts.

Ok, Do you think that the Channels where my issue?
Decided to return it but now having second thoughts.

It could be all abowe or just need a upgrade of the FW, hard to say now afterwards.
All depends on your situation, how you live, how its built up, the living area, where you put the router, wath kind of networkcards was used, what clients you have and and how many they are and so on.

Last edited:
It could be all abowe or just need a upgrade of the FW, hard to say now afterwards.
All depends on your situation, how you live, how its built up, the living area, where you put the router, wath kind of networkcards was used, what clients you have and and how many they are and so on.
I Was playing with it and trying different settings/firmware and nothing helped.

My Setup is fairly simple- Cox to modem (No splitters) then Modem to Router with the router being on a countertop and one PC that's hardwired (Pretty sure it's a HP Pavilion 590-p0081c) then A Laptop or 2 and A few IPhones and a couple of android devices.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!