What's new

Rack Recommendation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ericnix

Occasional Visitor
I have a Kendall-Howard Linier 9U wall-mounted rack that I love. It looks nice, has a glass door, etc. Also has locks on it.

I ordered a Synology RS815+ and RX415 expansion unit. Unfortunately, the RS815+ is pretty deep and may not go into my rack. I plan to pull the front rails forward and put rear rails in the rack, but I'm not sure if it will be deep enough to mount the horizontal rails to support the RS815+. The sliding rail kit from Synology is too long for my rack. I've managed to find some general/universal support rails that I think will do the job, but I'm on vacation and haven't tried it yet.

I'm needing to buy a 12U rack anyhow due to expansion plans. Currently I have a cable organizer, switch, router, and temperature/fan control unit installed. I plan to install a 2U UPS in addition to the NAS and NAS expansion unit. I'm wanting to purchase a pfSense router to use as a VPN device and probably next year will purchase another RS815+/RX415 combo for a combination of storing home security surveillance as well as my wife's photos (she is a photographer).

Does anyone have any recommendations for wall-mountable, deep 12U-15U racks with a glass front door in case the current Linier line doesn't work when I try to fit everything in when I get back from vacation? If I can't get it to work and can't find one, I may just purchase a 36" server cabinet to put everything in.

Thanks!

i use a star tech 12U adjustable rack which is just a frame on wheels but it can handle 500kg of weight.The length of the rack is adjustable but there are no sides so rails have to be mounted through the front and back mounts.

Sounds like a fun project - when completed, would you mind to post a couple of pics?