What's new

RadiusManager does not update users after making changes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chrisbren

New Around Here
I am using DMA SoftLab - Radius Manager Version 4.1.6 with Mikrotik routerboard, everything is working fine except for Radius manager to update users details after making changes to it.

After increasing or reducing the speed of a user in Administration Control Panel, i have to logout the user and login again for the changes to take effect.

Example: user1 is assigned 512kbps and he is connected and browsing well with the assigned speed, at night the network is free and i increase user1 speed to 2mbps, but it still stays at 512kbps until the user logs out and re-login.

Please how can i fix this?

Policy treatment is applied per session, so reduce the session time in the profile the user account is assigned to.

I am using DMA SoftLab - Radius Manager Version 4.1.6 with Mikrotik routerboard, everything is working fine except for Radius manager to update users details after making changes to it.

After increasing or reducing the speed of a user in Administration Control Panel, i have to logout the user and login again for the changes to take effect.

That's because the session is still active, so the policy treatment remains in place until that current session is closed and a new session is started..

For more details, consult the manual...

ok thanks, is there a way i can make it automatic? because even expired customers will still be active on till they disconnect and try connecting again

ok thanks, is there a way i can make it automatic? because even expired customers will still be active on till they disconnect and try connecting again

The radius server should end the session when the timer (or quota, depending on settings) elapses..

If the session is not dropped, then this is a microtik issue with their API - maybe contact them?

OK, I will check on The mikrotik API.

The information am getting from other sources says that dmasoftlab radius doesn't support CoA. That's why it won't disconnect customers till they log off and in again.

OK, I will check on The mikrotik API.

The information am getting from other sources says that dmasoftlab radius doesn't support CoA. That's why it won't disconnect customers till they log off and in again.

That might be an issue with DMA Softlab - they're probably using a subset of the spec to support their specific use cases for the intended market...

Most of my experience with radius (and diameter for that matter) is with Livingston/Bridgewater (which is now Amdocs) on carrier grade AAA/HSS platforms..

If DMA Softlab doesn't completely meet needs, there's always FreeRadius, which is carrier/enterprise grade, and there's enough third party support that rolling a FreeRadius platform is fairly straight forward.