What's new

Random device latency on wireless

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Xyzlor

New Around Here
Looking for some thoughts on a weird issue that I just haven't been able to track down. Have an AC5300 running the latest version of the merlin distro. A number of my devices on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz seem to have a weird issue where I get huge ping spikes when pinging the devices. I'll see 5ms then a jump to 2000ms +. Will also see some random timeouts in the pings as well.

Pinging from one of those devices out is just fine.

One of my test cases I was pinging from the SSH of the router to a 2.4ghz device and seeing huge spikes. Going the other way from the device to the router was just fine and a solid 3-7ms.

I've messed with nearly every wifi setting inside this thing and nothing seems to help. I also did a factory reset and the uploaded my configuration back in and that didn't help either.

Any thoughts??

I don't have a solution but am experiencing similar behavior with my AC3100 with latest firmware. Random spikes and packet loss pinging the default gateway of my router over wireless across multiple devices. No overlapping wireless networks\channels that can cause interference. I am running Diversion \ pixlserv, yazfi and scmerlin on the router. I haven't done a full factory reset though. Following this thread.

Thanks. Read though the article, didn't see anything obvious that applied to my router settings. In my case, the issues appeared when I upgraded to the 386 codebase. I will have to test with a full reset, downgrade, etc to see if I can identify the cause.

Same here. Unfortunately that article didn't have anything to address my issue either -- mine also seems to have happened in the 386 base train. Only thing I haven't done yet is to factory reset and setup as new. Maybe there is something jacked up in my exported/saved config.... just seems a bit odd if that is the case