What's new

random thread of R7800 and PI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eevanskiteboards

Occasional Visitor
I just wanted to start a new thread to discuss raspberry pi combined with R7800. I don't know if other people have an interest in the raspberry pi but I think it's pretty cool

So I caught a sale on a raspberry pi and have been running pihole for about a month now. The idea of it being your DNS resolver / server is a cool concept to block ads Etc. I think however, it's giving me issues combined with stubby on the router(R7800). Some days it's telling me I'm blocking hundreds of DNS requests than other days it's only showing a handful of blocks(with the same average internet use). One or two times I caught the router going back to automatic DNS servers versus the server address (that I manually enter in the setup page) given to me by pihole.

Does anybody else have this combined set up and have any tips for me for example that I should turn off dnscrypt and stubby on router and just let pihole do its job or am I getting mixed results because I'm combining multiple functions of a router and pihole on two machines?

My current setup: R7800 with Voxel's latest .62 software, stubby enabled, openvpn with nordvpn, both of my smart TVs have be tunneled through openvpn for Netflix and Xfinity to work.

Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!