What's new

RDP remotely with VPN Server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

madfusker

Regular Contributor
I have always used RDP to remotely connect to an internal machine at my home 192.168.1.3 using OpenVPN remotely, but recently I have not been able to do this after a factory reset. I can successfully connect and access other things inside the network via VPN such as my router setting on 192.168.1.1, but RDP will NOT connect to another other machine such as .3 or .4. Internally I can connect RDP machine to machine so I know its working on the internal machines, but not when connected externally with OpenVPN. Any idea what setting could be causing this? It seems the RDP is not being sent to the machine due to the VPN.

Lastly, I don't want to expose any port forwards and need to use VPN, so that is not an option and don't suggest this as a workaround.

See attached pictures of current settings.

-MF

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    329.9 KB · Views: 188
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    230.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    33 KB · Views: 217
Actually, I completely forgot I had to do that custom script! Thanks for the workaround flashback and that should fix it!