What's new

Reaching the ASUS RT-AC68U WAN IP from LAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jens Blaabjerg

New Around Here
Hi forum,

My network is set up so that I have mydomain.com set to point to the public IP from my ISP (static ip).
On the LAN side I have set up my NAS on 10.0.0.150 In the router the needed forwarding has been set up and when I am outside my LAN I can reach my NAS by using the mydomain.com.
I have ever since I got the AC68U been able to connect to my NAS from within the LAN by using mydomain.com and not the private ip. I do this to be able to always use the same bookmarks whether i'm at home or out.
After getting a new ISP and updating the router firmware (stupid to do two things at the same time...:-( ) I can no longer access the NAS on my LAN from my LAN if I use the WAN public IP (or the domainnam that points to this IP)

I hope that it's some setting in the router that a friendly soul can point my towards.

Thanks in advance
Jens

Do you use Merlin's firmware? Or stock firmware?
Check out http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-custom-firmware-for-asus-routers.7846/
You can safely try the firmware and revert if it is not what you need.
Activate NAT Loopback. Should fix your problem.
plkLJga.png

Disabling the firewall is not a fix imho.
Try the solution I gave you. You will be pleased with Merlin's work.

It's an issue with NAT Loopback as Deepcuts has said. If your router is already on latest stock firmware you should give a try to Merlin's firmware if you want to fix that.

You can enable NAT Loopback from Firewall - General page and even select two profiles: Merlin's or Asus' one.

t7bq13.gif

Found the stock firmware on the latest release to be very unstable with regards to NAT loopback. Everything else was OK, but now I upgraded to Merlins. If you don't hear any more that has solved it...:)