What's new

Really need alot of help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

irishfemmefatale

New Around Here
wrote out an explantion of my problem already but i timed out ; so sorry if this one os too short

i have a kiss1600

http://www-uk.linksys.com/servlet/S...nksys/Common/VisitorWrapper&lid=5558643212L00

and bought a linksys Wireless WAG 325N modum

i did buy a xbox wireless connecter ; but if never worked with my new modum

so i drilled a hole and got a long cable and connected it physically

i have two computers one is physiacally connected to network by cable and one is cannected by a Linksys N-UBS wireless netwrok adapter

i also have a Laptop that connects to the networka and my Wii connects no prob either (incase that comes uP)

my prob is that my Kiss1600 doesnt work like its suppose to - if never streaming the videos from my Wireless PC to itself proberly ; i think it might be anti-vista - so i put my files on a harddrive and connect them up the usb drive and watch my Divx files that way

but im getting fed up doing that - so i looked around for antoher solution and found the Linksys Media Center Extender DMA2200

good review http://www.cnet.com.au/wireless/streamingmedia/0,239028928,339286811,00.htm

and that says that its simular to Xbox 360 - sept its quite

so my question is do i alreay have all the gadets to amke my life simple

and how do i do it - whats do i need to buy to watch my divx files on my tv downstairs

now im rpepared to spend a bit of money - but i just spent 1000 euro at xmas ; so be gental

So ask away all question ; give me time to find answers as im not techinally minded

A few questions, then:

1) What do you mean that the Kiss1600 doesn't stream files from your wireless PC "properly"? Do you see anything at all? Or a stuttering picture and sound?

2) How far away are the Wireless PC, WAG325N and Kiss1600 from each other (include walls and ceilings, too)?

3) What is the manufacturer and model of the wireless adapter in the PC?

A few questions, then:

1) What do you mean that the Kiss1600 doesn't stream files from your wireless PC "properly"? Do you see anything at all? Or a stuttering picture and sound?

2) How far away are the Wireless PC, WAG325N and Kiss1600 from each other (include walls and ceilings, too)?

3) What is the manufacturer and model of the wireless adapter in the PC?

Answer 1 - The kiss 1600 will connect to the wireless network ; but any given moment it will skip onto the next Divx file ; its like it loses the signal ; it can happen at 3 mins in ; it can happen 45 mins in - it just never worked ; and i was onto linksys for days ; i just came to the conslusion that its vista that it dont work with - they had me update software (even though it said it was the newest version) they had me upload it onto CD's and manually installe it on the kiss 1600 ; i just got so fed up with trying to get it to stream from my pc - that i bought a harddrive and plugged it in by usb ; and they work fine ; so its not the kiss itsef but the wireless connection between the two

Answer 2 - the two computers are up in the attic; So the modem is plugged into one pc - and the computer plugged into the wireless network is about 4 foot away from it; no wall between them ; the Kiss1600 is directly underneath me - so about 5 foot down through the floor ; no wall ; just the floor ; but the kiss1600 streams live radio and the weather and things like that ; and it never loses those signals

Answer 3 - the Wireless adapter is the Linksys wireless WUSB300 N -UBS Network Adapter

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...nksys/Common/VisitorWrapper&lid=7678923413B11

thats it there ; save anyone looking it up

Last edited:
If I understand you correctly, you are streaming from a wireless PC to the Kiss 1600?

I suggest you first try connecting the wireless PC (the one with the files that you are streaming) via Ethernet to the WAG325. This should be easy since they are in the same room, right next to each other.

Next suggestion is to move the wireless PC farther away from the WAG325. I have seen throughput problems with some draft 11n product due to signal overload if they are placed too closely together. About 10 feet should be ok.

If I understand you correctly, you are streaming from a wireless PC to the Kiss 1600?

I suggest you first try connecting the wireless PC (the one with the files that you are streaming) via Ethernet to the WAG325. This should be easy since they are in the same room, right next to each other.

Next suggestion is to move the wireless PC farther away from the WAG325. I have seen throughput problems with some draft 11n product due to signal overload if they are placed too closely together. About 10 feet should be ok.

Yes ; its the wirelss pc that needs to connect to any media aroudn the house ; the other computer is used by my 57 year old father ; who likes things really nice and simple

I cant move the pc ; well i can actually ; but i cant move the desk ; as its a built in home office ; the two desks are like 2 L's connected ; with the the two chairs facing away from each other - if you can see that in your minds eye. So i can move it ; to test out if you'd like me to ; but it just cant stay there no matter if that the problem ; ill just have to find a different solution

plus for some strange reason - dell sold me my comuter which i bought with vista instales ; so it cant be that old ; with no Ethernet connection anywhere to be seen on it ; i dont know why they would do that - i never did ask for one - but i didnt think i had to - unless dell have started to put them someone im not looking !

I went a bit mad today googling things to help out my serach for media bliss through out my house and there was mention of Windows Media centre too ; so do i have to buy a new pc for that too ; and how do i go about connecting all these computer up too

If i physicaly set up a netwrok then cant my Wireless pc just share my wired netwwork setting though a home network?

Sorry guys ; i really hope im explaing myself ok !?!

Please try the suggestion of moving the computer with the media files, at least temporarily. These are experiments to isolate the cause of the problem.

What is the exact model of the Dell notebook you purchased? It's hard to believe that it would not have Ethernet.

Your Vista notebook already has Windows Media Center in it if it's running at least Home Premium. But you need a special Media Center Extender; the KISS 1600 won't work as a Media Center Extender.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!