What's new

Reboot hangs on AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Darren Rockach

Regular Contributor
I have an AX88U running 384.9 which has a problem rebooting. If I reboot via the webui everything works without fault. However if I reboot via schedule or via the reboot command from cli the reboot hangs.
Anyone else got this problem or anyone know what might be causing it, how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance.

Was this the case with the previous firmware? You should try this option.

:)

Reverted to 384.8_2 and reboots work perfectly whether via cli, schedule or webui.
384.9 seems too buggy for me so think I'll stay with 384.8_2 for now and wait for the next release.

I have an AX88U running 384.9 which has a problem rebooting. If I reboot via the webui everything works without fault. However if I reboot via schedule or via the reboot command from cli the reboot hangs.
Anyone else got this problem or anyone know what might be causing it, how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance.
Try the new AMTM 1.8 script, it includes a new reboot manager that properly shuts down the router.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-the-snbforum-asuswrt-merlin-terminal-menu.42415/

Try the new AMTM 1.8 script, it includes a new reboot manager that properly shuts down the router.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-the-snbforum-asuswrt-merlin-terminal-menu.42415/

I changed back to 384.9 as I was having just too many wifi issues with 384.8_2. I have a Ring wifi doorbell and often when viewing the live feed it would crash the internet connection and drop everything for a minute or so. This seems to be more stable on the latest firmware. However I have installed AMTM as suggested and scheduled the reboot through that. I see that it is running /sbin/reboot. I tried running this from ssh and I had the same problem, the router just hung and needed to be reset using the button on the back. Also tried using Yazfi but this just caused the wifi to loop restart constantly.

I guess I'll just have to rely on using the webui to do any reboots.

Hi all,

I am having the same problem on current 384.19 with AX88U.
Could you please share if you still have the issue?

Thank you!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!