What's new

Recomendation for conference hall

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

svt11

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I need recommendation for conference hall. I've recently had problems with the WiFi. I have WDR3600 with OpenWRT installed and replaced with WDR4300. I think I installed sysupgrade on OpenWRT, but he unfortunately failed when in the last conference we were trying to access with 40 laptops some database. They've downloaded 2-3GB and the router couldn't handle it. Now the router in the hall which is for 100 people max is Mikrotik RB951Ui 100Mbit version. I see also that I must implement QoS in the central router - Mikrotik and have it in separate VLAN.

I suggest getting mikrotik for wifi as well if indoor. It is inexpensive and will have no issues handling the numbers as long as you have sufficient RAM and enough CPU for the bandwidth.

The RB9xx series has many you can choose from that have wireless AC and gigabit ethernet. Using one with mini PCIe allows for more radios for high traffic areas.

If your traffic density is low and you need a large coverage (more than 50m radius with rooms or 100m radius with big hall) than consider ubiquiti indoor APs. AC APs have better chips and the AC protocol itself has more bandwidth for the capacity.