What's new

Recommendation for Point-to-Point link

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

svt11

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I'm looking for a new ISP which will bring the internet to me wirelessly. He has optical point 500 m away from me. I'm looking at EnStation5 or EnStation AC. Don't know about Mikrotik SXT, but do you think they will be good enough to surpass rain, fog conditions and etc? Thank you.

Hi, I'm looking for a new ISP which will bring the internet to me wirelessly. He has optical point 500 m away from me. I'm looking at EnStation5 or EnStation AC. Don't know about Mikrotik SXT, but do you think they will be good enough to surpass rain, fog conditions and etc? Thank you.

No.

I don't know of any point to point which doesn't degrade with weather.

What kind of speeds do you need? Is there a clear line of sight? Is there possibly a lot of interference (like in a crowded neighborhood)?

If it's true the distance will be 500m. Speeds - about 30-40Mbits. It's not crowded as this ISP said. Thank you. About clear line of sight - don't know. Just I need opinion if EnStation AC or EnStation 5 is more good than Mikrotik SXT 5GHz. Or maybe you know other brands which will work well

OK, this ISP offered me to buy from him possibly Mikrotik SXT 5GHz, but I've looked at some models and their price and I see he will get 50 Euros from me.
1. EnStation5 400mW 19dBi
2. SXT Lite5 ac - this is the cheapest one and maybe this will be used.
3. SXT SA5 ac - 1.26W 13dBi
4. SXT HG5 ac 1300mW 17dBi

I've successfully used inexpensive Engenius bridges (built-in gain antenna). Search New Egg and other sites.

Company offered me Enstation5 - 19dBi and 400mW. They said me dBi is more important factor! Mikrotik's are 17dBi and the speed can't be more than 30-40Mbps. With Engenius I can reach 90Mbps - even at 800m as someone in Amazon said.