What's new

[Release] AB-Solution 3 - The Ad Blocking Solution

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever think about making something like this more portable and not locked into a single platform?
What platforms are on your mind? DD-WRT would be my first choice, obviously.

I'm having some issues with ab-solution and safari. It complains about the pixelserv certificate. Is there a way to fix this somehow?

Thank you, but I don't quite understand it. Afaik ab-solution has already created a certificate when I installed pixelserv-tls. I get that I have to somehow put that certificate onto each client, but where exactly do I find it in the first place? Thank you!
Some browsers and devices may complain they don't trust that certificate pixelserv uses since it is a self signed one.
Therefore you may have to import it into the browser.
Follow the guide of how to import the cert.
https://github.com/kvic-z/pixelserv-tls

Note that it is nearly impossible to have a fully qualified cert installed in PS to overcome this.

Edit: The certificate is located at /opt/var/cache/pixelserv/ca.cert

Ah, I see, thanks. I'm afraid I have one last question though:

When I'm logged into the router with ssh, how can I actually download the file to my own pc? I've tried scp but that didn't work.

Ah, I see, thanks. I'm afraid I have one last question though:

When I'm logged into the router with ssh, how can I actually download the file to my own pc? I've tried scp but that didn't work.
I'm not sure if this would work, but you can try using USB Application to share your USB, then simply access AB-Solution USB as if it is the normal USB and find the folder.

Edit: I don't have pixelserv enabled.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this would work, but you can try using USB Application to share your USB, then simply access AB-Solution USB as if it is the normal USB and find the folder.

Edit: I don't have pixelserv enabled.
Or use WinSCP.
Same credentials as SSH, use SCP as protocol, not the default sftp.

Found an even easier way. Just copied it to /mnt/whatever/adblocking, then removed the usb stick and copied it over. worked great.

still needed?

no, thank you.

dnsmasq has a very simple, universal configuration.
it works fine even with an empty config file.
here is mine, just in case anyone needs it:

Code:
ramon@ac66u:/tmp/home/root# cat /etc/dnsmasq.conf

addn-hosts=/mnt/EXT3_29G/config/rede/dnsmasq_hosts/
cache-size=500
clear-on-reload
log-async
log-facility=/mnt/EXT3_29G/config/log/dnsmasq.log
log-queries
no-dhcp-interface=br0
no-negcache
strict-order

Last edited:
no, thank you.

dnsmasq has very simple, universal configuration.
it works fine even with an empty config file.
here is mine, just in case anyone needs it:

Code:
ramon@ac66u:/tmp/home/root# cat /etc/dnsmasq.conf

addn-hosts=/mnt/EXT3_29G/config/rede/dnsmasq_hosts/
cache-size=500
clear-on-reload
log-async
log-facility=/mnt/EXT3_29G/config/log/dnsmasq.log
log-queries
no-dhcp-interface=br0
no-negcache
strict-order
I don't get it. This is not a standard dnsmasq.conf file created during boot by a vanilla firmware install.

I don't get it. This is not a standard dnsmasq.conf file created during boot by a vanilla firmware install.

remember a few months ago, when i told you that i use my router in AP mode, enabling only the services that i really want running?

in AP mode there is no dnsmasq.conf file in /etc.
dnsmasq can be started as usual, and will work perfectly.

but to fine tune it, like i did, you have to create the file yourself and add your settings.

remember a few months ago, when i told you that i use my router in AP mode, enabling only the services that i really want running?

but to fine tune it, like i did, you have to create the file yourself and add your settings.
You are saying the Mercedes > VW > Audi > RASG Router is alive and kicking?

You can completely replace the autogen'd version by putting a replacement in /jffs/configs
Yeah, basic stuff, we all read the wiki...
Problem is, I was confused what this was all about. Time flies and other topics come up.

So, you run AB on it now?
@kvik apparently runs a similar bare bones router. His own version of firmware.

You are saying the Mercedes > VW > Audi > RASG Router is alive and kicking?

yeap. thats the one. :)

So, you run AB on it now?
@kvik apparently runs a similar bare bones router. His own version of firmware.

i tried it. read every piece of code. followed this thread. very nice work!
but... i have my own script to install, configure and run the dnsmasq + pixelserv duo.
i feel like i have to control every service/script/config file in my router.
control freak? nah... i blame my job for it.

If I remember correctly, Trend Micro's DPI engine looks at the 14 first bytes of the data connection (I might remember that number wrong tho). That's generally enough to identify a type of traffic, combined with the packet header.

Trend Micro is a check-box feature in consumer endpoints - most ISP's (at least the big ones) run their own DPI engines that are more up to date and screen/block faster that Trend and their downstream can push updates...

(yes, that is an implied statement - they know what you're doing... see the HPC community with deep learning and massive resources - whether it's GPU's or FPGA's - the Carrier clouds are turning into supercomputers in their own way)

Status
Not open for further replies.