What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 is now available, for all supported models.

This is the first official release that supports Asus's new firmware format. This means that you can directly flash this version on top of Asus's 3.0.0.4.380_3xxx and newer. Reverting to an older version will require putting your router in firmware recovery mode.

The most important changes since 380.59:

• Compatible with the new firmware header format.
  • Merged with Asus GPL 380_3831.
  • Updated OpenVPN to 2.3.11 and Dropbear to 2016.74.
  • Fixes to OpenVPN's status report
  • Reverted a lot of Asus's customizations to minidlna, to resolve various stability issues

There is one known issue at this time where, for a few users, the networkmap comes up empty. I've been unable to reproduce the problem, and people reported similar issues with the stock firmware, so I'll let Asus take care of that one. This should not impair the router's functionality or it's stability.

Please review the changelog for the complete list of changes.

Also please view this post regarding some changes regarding development on this project.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Just dirty flashed from Alpha 2 on the N66R and so far so good for the most part. Just had to change TZ. I have noticed the client list seems to refresh very oddly, I need to click on it, click off, then open it again to see active clients. On occasion, the client list shows 0 active users until I refresh the page. I just got this router last week and loaded up Merlin right away. I came from dd-wrt and I'm glad I switched. Cheers!

edit: client list is not showing clients at all now. panel is slow overall. Using Firefox 47.0.
switched to IE and the panel is zippy, client list works.

Last edited:
Both had flashed by 40% again and no interface slow down like the 380.59 build.

One of my AC68's is in Access point mode and has no "Signature Version" section like the one in router mode. Is this normal or do I need to do a factory reset?

Flashed over 380.61 beta2, using IE in this case instead of Firefox: the update process was smooth this time, so it was a browser issue the last 2 times. Thanks Merlin

@hifiwifi
Code:
Same issue with N66U. Client list is empty. I did a factory reset and restored settings, but it's still empty. 
No time this morning to manually reconfigure.
UPDATE: Did a factory reset and manually reconfigured. Client list is still blank running 380.61_beta2 on N66U.

I have discovered when MAC is listed with small letters that can occur. Make sure ALL MAC is in capital letter.

Thank you Merlin for your work ,whether in Your new software it is also possible
disable hourly network rescans?

Flashed on AC87u using IE (update was no possibile with Chrome).
WAN connection ("Automatic IP", the router is bridged to a VDSL modem) works, but in attach the wrong report.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,336
Thank you Merlin for your work ,whether in Your new software it is also possible
disable hourly network rescans?

I just upgraded an RT-N66U from 380.59 to 380.61 and I'm also missing this option.

Everything else is working fine. (Did a factory reset)

I just updated my RT-AC87U from the stock firmware that shipped with it. My OpenVPN Clients section GUI is messed up. I am not getting a list with buttons to activate and deactivate.

Attachments

• rtac87u openvpn clients.png
    rtac87u openvpn clients.png
    331.8 KB · Views: 1,954
I am still holding up from using my AC87U due to the firmware being buggy. 380.60 Beta had promise, but then .61 took over.

How is the source for .61 now then? Stable?

When I make full screen on my browser(chrome), this happens. That part moving to the right. I was not sure if this happens in 380.61 Beta1/2 or not, but I just realize it on 380.61 stable version

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-08-05 17.05.37.png
    Screenshot 2016-08-05 17.05.37.png
    194.5 KB · Views: 1,530
I am still holding up from using my AC87U due to the firmware being buggy. 380.60 Beta had promise, but then .61 took over.

How is the source for .61 now then? Stable?
From my opinion, .61 is far better and more stable than .60. If you go to the change log, it says that 380.60 will not be published as stable version as there is unsolved WAN issue.

Thank you for your work, Merlin.

FYI, client list is still empty on N66U. Did a factory reset again with same results. Unable to manually assign DHCP, either. Pulldown menu will not populate. I can see MAC in the Wireless Log.

Upgraded my AC66U without any problems.

Will upgrade the AC68U for family members when I visit them.

Thank you for your work, Merlin.

FYI, client list is still empty on N66U. Did a factory reset again with same results. Unable to manually assign DHCP, either. Pulldown menu will not populate. I can see MAC in the Wireless Log.

RT-N66U with 380-61 installed in AP Mode, client list is populated here.

Thanks Merlin

N66R only problem (so far) can't read prior traffic data from USB flash drive. Will try to reset permissions on the drive and try later... Edit - tried again with using a USB flash drive and /jffs/ to store traffic data. Was unable to create data file on the flash drive or /jffs/. Final Edit - Got Traffic History to work! Switched Traffic history location to Custom, used the select button to navigate to the USB drive and create a stats folder, enabled IPTraffic monitoring (Monitor all IPs by default) and selected Create data files for history and IPTraffic. Not surprised to discover that doing this disabled NAT Acceleration. But I have my history logs back!
Even seems that the 2.4 GHZ band has a bit more power.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!