What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Then it's not a simple rename?
It's just a rename....it's still minidlna. minidlna uses upnp.

But, ASUS had been applying there own customization to the open source distribution. During the beta's these were causing problems, so Merlin removed many of them. From the first post...
  • Reverted a lot of Asus's customizations to minidlna, to resolve various stability issues

First, thank you for your work. I recently updated to the new August ASUSWRT firmware. Since then, I have been experiencing weird issues like wifi dropping and random reboots. When I say wifi dropping I mean it stops broadcasting completely, most frequently just the 5GHZ-1 band. When I check the settings it will say Channel 0, and then it will randomly come back minutes, sometimes hours, later. A reboot seems to fix it temporarily as well. I have installed Merlin, but it seems to have the same issue. I don't see anything strange in the log, but I will keep checking. I noticed a few others in other threads are having similar issues, but just trying to gather all the info I can. Thanks for any tips.

Did you ever solve this problem? I was fine all week until today when I get constant disconnection and the wifi just dissapear completely.

RT-AC87 here. Working great with 380.61! Seems "smoother". Speedtest results got a bit better too.

Hi,
i have the RT-AC88U. The first original FW 3004380-2345 works perfekt.
With the 3004380-3341 I had problems with WAN Connection.
Now with the newest 3004380-3941 all works but i have massive problems to reach wlan devices from another wlan device. For example Bose App can't find the Bose devices, i can't reach all of my IP Cams (i see them all connected in the router UI) and so on.

My question: is there any change in the Merlin FW from the original 3004380-3941 in wlan so that the problems could be solved?
Or is it better to go back to the Merlin .59 with the rescue program?

Thanks and kind regards
Chris

Got it fixed?

I just flashed my RT68U with 61, came over from Johns latest fork. Did a factory reset but I have that issue with no clients in the network map, thus I can't use parental controls to lock out the kids at night, use vpn and dns routing, etc. I also tried reformating the jffs on reboot. I know Merlin has left this to Asus, has anyone done a work around to get the network client list showing again? For those with RT68U please comment, maybe flashing to Asus fw and back to Merlin would help?

Update: Client list has now appeared. I turned on Traffic Analyzer and web history is the only thing I did. The clients didn't immediately show up. I happened to login 30 minutes later and there they were there.

Last edited:
I know I asked this before Merlin, but does ASUS have any plans to integrate Bandwidth limiting into Traditional QOS, I would love to be able to limit certain clients while still using traditional QOS, Traditional currently ONLY limit the bandwidth of certain clients, IF there other traffic that being messed with cause of that 1 client.

This ability is probably only reason I miss my old DSL Modem/Router from netgear, I could use traditional QOS and limit bandwidth of certain clients.

Last edited:
I know I asked this before Merlin, but does ASUS have any plans to integrate Bandwidth limiting into Traditional QOS, I would love to be able to limit certain clients while still using traditional QOS, Traditional currently ONLY limit the bandwidth of certain clients, IF there other traffic that being messed with cause of that 1 client.

This ability is probably only reason I miss my old DSL Modem/Router from netgear, I could use traditional QOS and limit bandwidth of certain clients.

You'd have to ask them. I have no idea what their future plans are feature-wise beside what's currently in the source code.

Did you ever solve this problem? I was fine all week until today when I get constant disconnection and the wifi just dissapear completely.

Just a quick update. I tried everything including reflashing the original firmware and it still didn't fix the issue so I just replaced the router at BestBuy and everything is working very well. Amazing speed and no drops all night so far. Looks like I just had a defective router.

Just a quick update. I tried everything including reflashing the original firmware and it still didn't fix the issue so I just replaced the router at BestBuy and everything is working very well. Amazing speed and no drops all night so far. Looks like I just had a defective router.

Good to hear? Which firmware you are using now?

On the 14th, 18th, and 24th, my log has indicated the WAN going down but wasn't present to see what really happened. RT-AC68U

Aug 24 00:28:01 dnsmasq-dhcp[427]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.117 (removed)
Aug 24 01:43:54 WAN Connection: Ethernet link down.
Aug 24 01:43:54 stop_nat_rules: apply the redirect_rules!
Aug 24 01:43:59 WAN Connection: Ethernet link up.

Doesn't really seem like a cable modem reset but I don't know.

On the 14th, 18th, and 24th, my log has indicated the WAN going down but wasn't present to see what really happened. RT-AC68U

Aug 24 00:28:01 dnsmasq-dhcp[427]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.117 (removed)
Aug 24 01:43:54 WAN Connection: Ethernet link down.
Aug 24 01:43:54 stop_nat_rules: apply the redirect_rules!
Aug 24 01:43:59 WAN Connection: Ethernet link up.

Doesn't really seem like a cable modem reset but I don't know.

Looking at the timestamp is it probably your provider working on some stuff.

Good to hear? Which firmware you are using now?
I started with the updated base firmware from Asus and noticed everything is stable and then updated to the Merlin 380.61. Been rock solid since last night on both wifi channels. This is in addition to my Dlink Home line extender and Asus RT-n66u as AP on the other side of the house. In theory I don't need a wifi extender as this router has very good range but I needed more Ether net ports so the AP supports my desktop in the office, linksys VoIP adapter and SmartThings hub.

I am about to connect my new AC88u router. It seems to be running at 2345 stock firmware. I want to upgrade to this version. After I flashed this version, do I need to do a factory default afterwards?

I am about to connect my new AC88u router. It seems to be running at 2345 stock firmware. I want to upgrade to this version. After I flashed this version, do I need to do a factory default afterwards?

AFAIK that's what Merlin recommends. A factory rest resolved most of my issues.

No, just reboot

reset only if something goes wrong after

No, just reboot

reset only if something goes wrong after

Well I didn't do any settings yet kinda. Ziggo (cable-company) comes upcoming friday or beginning of next week installing their new router. I let it set in Bridge-mode. Then I connect my Asus and do a quick-setting and afterwards straight a firmware upgrade. Guess a factory default afterwards in administration-page can;t harm?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!