What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thanks for the release. Moved from .59 to .61 on AC68U and was pretty solid for 8 days. Only issue so far seems to be disconnect for wifi on both channels that requires a reboot of devices or router.
Tried to roll back to .59 but its not compatible so will wait on next update.

thanks for the release. Moved from .59 to .61 on AC68U and was pretty solid for 8 days. Only issue so far seems to be disconnect for wifi on both channels that requires a reboot of devices or router.
Tried to roll back to .59 but its not compatible so will wait on next update.
I was able to roll back from .61. to .59 on my RT-AC3100. Merlin mentions in post one of the thread you will need to put the router in recovery mode if you wish to roll back. You will need to download the recovery utility from Asus but you should be able to roll back following instructions I was able to find using a forum search. If not, someone more experienced than I should be able to help you get this done.

I was able to roll back from .61. to .59 on my RT-AC3100. Merlin mentions in post one of the thread you will need to put the router in recovery mode if you wish to roll back. You will need to download the recovery utility from Asus but you should be able to roll back following instructions I was able to find using a forum search. If not, someone more experienced than I should be able to help you get this done.
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/re...-61-is-now-available.33994/page-6#post-274879

My router RT-AC87U restrict access to any https-site with version 380.61. What is the hints to restore this access?
I get site not find message.

@My_dogs_white @Blinkyz thanks for the pointer for rolling back. I will live with the reboots or load the alpha .62 builds. Got a small army of teenagers/wife that demand constant internet and router is across the house so performing the reset will involve unplugging equipment :rolleyes:

@My_dogs_white @Blinkyz thanks for the pointer for rolling back. I will live with the reboots or load the alpha .62 builds. Got a small army of teenagers/wife that demand constant internet and router is across the house so performing the reset will involve unplugging equipment :rolleyes:
Why do you put Alpha builds on your router with a crowd like that? Alpha is not meant for 'PROD' environments, which your home situation clearly is...

Why do you put Alpha builds on your router with a crowd like that? Alpha is not meant for 'PROD' environments, which your home situation clearly is...
I agree with you but in this case, .62Alpha, is just the same as .61(same source code), the difference is slight, added features and bug fixes.:)

Went from .58 to .61 on my RT-AC87U, everything works fine (1 weeks now). But I am still waiting for the feature to set Bandwidth Limit to Guest Networks.

Went from .58 to .61 on my RT-AC87U, everything works fine (1 weeks now). But I am still waiting for the feature to set Bandwidth Limit to Guest Networks.

Most likely will come with the 382 series of firmware from Asus, as new features are currently targeting for this release.

I'm running an RT-AC68U with .61 on it and forgive my ignorance and the 'newb' tag that i'll wear on my sleeve here but is there a log on this version/router that shows when a device (any connected wireless client) disconnects from the router? I've dug through the system log / general log but all I can make of the entries there are when a device connects there are timestamped DHCPREQUESTs shortly followed by DHCPACK entries. Is there a way to see when devices are taken off the network?

Is there a way to see when devices are taken off the network?

No, as the router can't tell for sure if the client has truly disconnected, or is simply inactive, in power save mode, etc... Power save alone would generate a lot of log activity.

Any tips of settings? AC88u

QoS disabled?
hardware acceleration?
Wifi? Do something with 40 or 80mhz? I used Wifi analyser. It seems Channel 4 for 2.4Ghz is free and Channel 60 for 5ghz.

Factory Reset:
The button 5 seconds or just in the Gui (administration / factory default)?
Guess the lights blink after 5 seconds pressing or so?

Last edited:
Alright flashed the firmware. Yet I cannot connect it yet. Since my internetprovider has some issues to put the current Connectbox router in bridge. I have to call them back tomorrow in the morning.
Any tips about DHCP / LAN IP? My internetprovider uses always the 192.168.178.1-10 and 192.168.178.11-73 range for DHCP. LAN is 192.168.178.1.
Is there a way to keep being able to reach that Connectbox on 192.168.178.1? Guess the connectbox only forwards a WAN-adres when in Brige? Means that I won't be able anymore to reach that modem through the interface? But I could set my Asus router in that range then instead right? (Asus Router 192.168.178.1 or 2) and DHCP-lease 192.168-178.10-100?

Most likely will come with the 382 series of firmware from Asus, as new features are currently targeting for this release.

Wait there adding Bandwidth limiting to guest wifi? is that also gona be applied to the normal wifi?? cause that would fix my need for QOS + Bandwidth limiting seeing i just want to limit the wireless devices.

I've still got issues with port forwarding. I simply cannot open port 2344 UDP. I need this port open because my dedicated game server needs it for Battleye. Even after disabling the both firewalls the port will not open.

I'm hosting on server 2012 R2.

Wait there adding Bandwidth limiting to guest wifi? is that also gona be applied to the normal wifi?? cause that would fix my need for QOS + Bandwidth limiting seeing i just want to limit the wireless devices.

I don't have any more details, beside seeing the code allowing you to specify Guests as the bandwith limiter's target.

Quick question, is it possible to have multiple ddns services / clients running simultaneously from different vendors? My isp router (Hitron CVE30360 V2 custom board for ZON/NOS) supports it and I had two in case one of them was offline. Running 380.62 A1 26th on RT-AC68U rev A2. Thanks!

Last edited:
Quick question, is it possible to have multiple ddns services / clients running simultaneously from different vendors? My isp router (Hitron CVE30360 V2 custom board for ZON/NOS) supports it and I had two in case one of them was offline. Running 380.62 A1 26th on RT-AC86U rev A2. Thanks!

Do so through a custom DDNS script.

@RMerlin in .61 is there an issue with the firmware showing the local area networks, through Windows, Ubuntu etc, because in version .58 it was fine, but I've nothing but issues.

I've tried my O/s's with no firewalls, and with firewalls, the only way I can access the machines, is by typing; 192.168.02\Documents or 192.168.0.4\Movies, where as before I didn't need to do this, but other than that everything else is fine.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!