What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62_1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

To futher elaborate on what RMerlin has said,[...]
Thanks for the elaboration. I think I understand the issue- what I am looking for is a way to simulate a guest network (from my N66U) that has access to internet, but not to my local net. If it were a raspberry ( or OpenWRT for intstance) I'd create a separate wireless configuration, assign it a different subnet and find, copy and paste routing tables to fit my needs (I am really uncomfortable with iptables etc). What I so like about Merlin is the simple gui, so I was hoping there'd be a way... Or maybe someone who'd done it before. Clearly it's not a bug, so I'll make it a separate post, once I find he time...

since I've updated to 62_1 on my RT-N66U it drops all 5ghz wifi devices every now and then
Is that a known issue and is there a fix for that?

Known issue, was mentionned numerous times on these forums. It's a hard-to-track issue that I have never been able to reproduce as it only happens for a very small number of users (and even for them it's random). We'll have to wait for Asus to track it down and fix it on their end.

I'm one of those "random" users that has seen this problem a few times. Today when I logged in to the router the client list didn't populate and when I went to DHCP settings, none of my previous manual entries were showing. I then proceeded to try and assign a client and it wouldn't add or apply. Now here's the weird thing, I was using firefox and switched to edge. Guess what...my client list was populated, dhcp manual assigns were all there. The add and apply buttons worked. Went back to firefox and they were gone again. I do have NoScript and ABP installed in firefox but, I have both disabled for the router, and sometimes the list populates and sometimes it doesn't.

TLDR: Try edge browser and see if that works.

~ETA~ I wonder if this issue only shows up for firefox users on windows 10? Any linux peeps come across this problem? Non firefox users?

Last edited:
I would have never guessed that TRS_80 would run Edge after 39 year so so! :)

P.S. Are you the model III with dual disk drives from 1980? :)

I would have never guessed that TRS_80 would run Edge after 39 year so so! :)

P.S. Are you the model III with dual disk drives from 1980? :)

Runs alittle laggy and pages take 2 days to load lol.....I avoid Edge but I find it's good for double checking website display problems and thought to give it go. Seems to work for this problem, at least for me ATM.

Nah man, I'm oldschool Model 1..... cassette drive only!!

Last edited:
Probably just something in your clients names.For me its was just that '
Press f12 to open firefox console and look under JavaScript and look for errors

Yep....lotsa Java errors. Updated WIN10 system java and all is fine with firefox. Fix so simple?

since I've updated to 62_1 on my RT-N66U it drops all 5ghz wifi devices every now and then
Is that a known issue and is there a fix for that?
I had that on my N66U, when I turned off "Auto select channel including DFS channels" in the 5ghz wifi settings it got better. Seems it moved to a new channel everytime it detected interference, breaking the link for a minute or so. Not had this happen since I turned it off.

Hi,

Excuse me for disturbing you but I can not find the answer to this question.
My router is the RT-AC68U on Firmware:380.62.1 Merlin
What is the power of wifi when on minimum ? (in professional setting = power saving )
I need =<25mw

Thx

Yep....lotsa Java errors. Updated WIN10 system java and all is fine with firefox. Fix so simple?

Asuswrt does not use Java.

I had that on my N66U, when I turned off "Auto select channel including DFS channels" in the 5ghz wifi settings it got better. Seems it moved to a new channel everytime it detected interference, breaking the link for a minute or so. Not had this happen since I turned it off.
Thank you for that tip but I always had Auto select off :(

I also noticed now the CPU1 is stuck at 100% load when there is nothing going on. I wanted to check via ssh/telnet whats going on but it wouldnt let me connect even both were enabled.
So I went to restart the router by pushing the power button in an out.
After that i went on 192.168.1.1 and the whole router was reset and greeted me with a Korean Wizard...
All settings are lost :(

Hi there,

I seem to be having the same login issue Kiripe was having back in page 4.
Everything seems to be working fine on all devices, wired and Wifi, but I can't login to the admin page.
I get the login prompt, and after that it just sits there waiting to load and eventually times out.
I've tried this with 3 browsers on my laptop (Chrome, Edge and IE), and get the same result on all.
I've also tried it on chrome on my Android phone and nothing.
Tried a few reboots, but the same thing happens.

I was running an older build (I want to say something 378.55) and went to the 380.62beta with a full factory reset.
I then upgraded to 380.62_1 with no settings reset.

Unless someone has other suggestions, I may have to do a factory reset with the button.
If so, is there a special procedure for that here?
I used DD-WRT for too many years, so I know their 30-30-30 process.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I seem to be having the same login issue Kiripe was having back in page 4.
Everything seems to be working fine on all devices, wired and Wifi, but I can't login to the admin page.
I get the login prompt, and after that it just sits there waiting to load and eventually times out.
I've tried this with 3 browsers on my laptop (Chrome, Edge and IE), and get the same result on all.
I've also tried it on chrome on my Android phone and nothing.

Access the router by its IP and not by a hostname.

Access the router by its IP and not by a hostname.

I've always used 192.168.1.1 as the address. And it worked fine right after the firmware upgrade since I logged in and checked to make sure all the settings looked good.

I've always used 192.168.1.1 as the address. And it worked fine right after the firmware upgrade since I logged in and checked to make sure all the settings looked good.

A factory default reset might be needed then. There's no way to figure out what's going on without access to the router.

A factory default reset might be needed then. There's no way to figure out what's going on without access to the router.

Ah, guess i'll have to do that then.
Is there some minimum amount of time i have to hold down the reset button for a factory reset? I've only used the software interface for that on this router.

Thanks!

Updated to this version on my RT-AC68U. Noticed 2 minor issues (not sure if this is an regression or not from the previous version I had...)

1) In the real time bandwidth monitor page, it seems like every update will go back to WAN mode. ie, I click on some other tab, the graph updates, then immediately on the next update, it switches back to WAN. Is this how it's suppose to work? It feels wrong because it seems like it should stay on whatever I clicked so I can monitor it.

2) When I view clients by interfaces, sometimes some 5G clients are missing. ie, I am using a laptop connected via 5G, but nothing is listed under 5G. I did see it briefly initially before I switched to list by interface mode. When I go to my other computer that's connected via LAN (on a different browser), I see the laptop under 5G.

3) The default DST ending time is wrong (for the US). it should be 1st week of Nov, not 3rd of Oct.

Above 1, 2, 3 are observed after firmware update and then factory reset.

Thanks!

Is there some minimum amount of time i have to hold down the reset button for a factory reset? I've only used the software interface for that on this router.

5 secs should be enough.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!