What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62_1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What browser are you using? Are you closing the browser window (all of them) and then re-launching it? Did you clear the cache for the browser? Are you using any addons like auto form fill (or anything similar)?

Did you log out of the router (initially) or did you just navigate away from the router's page?

Chrome/firefox... happens on both of them, on different computers, no addons, no autofill, and yes I always log out.

Look, this happened now, today. No problems before.

This guy is experiencing the same: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/cant-login-to-router-still-routing.34735/

Strange...

Hi. I've been using Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 on a couple of AC68U's. One is my main router and the other is configured in Repeater Mode. I have a Netgear R6300 v2 also connected to the main router via repeater mode. No problem whatsoever with this setup.

The other day I purchased a couple of AC87U's to replace my AC68U's. They had stock Asus firmware...can't remember the version. I factory reset them before the firmware upgrade. I was able to upgrade both straight to Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62. I factory reset them again after the firmware upgrade. I went ahead and configured one of them as my main router and the other one in Media Bridge mode...cuz to my surprise, there's no Repeater Mode option on the AC87U. The Netgear R6300 v2 connected fine to the main AC87U in repeater mode. No problem whatsoever with this setup.

Because of the lack of Repeater Mode on the AC87U, I decided to take the Media Bridge AC87U offline. I configured one of my AC68U's in Repeater Mode. For some reason or another, this router establishes a connection to the AC87U for a few seconds (I noticed a ping success, then drops) and then AC68U reboots. When it reboots, it cycles through the same process...connects for a few seconds, then reboots again. I went ahead and upgraded it to 380.62...did a factory reset before and after the firmware upgrade but the reboot cycle still happens after I configure it in Repeater Mode.

Anyone seen this issue before with an AC87U as main router and AC68U connected in repeater mode?
My AC68U connects to the AC87U's 5Ghz band. The AC87U's settings are the following:
Band: 5Ghz
Hide SSID: No
Channel bandwidth: 80Mhz
Control channel: 153
Extension channel: auto
Authentication method: WPA2-Personal
WPA Encryption: AES
Protection Management Frames: Disable
Group Key Retention Internal: 3600

*** UPDATE ***
I spoke too soon. The Netgear R6300 v2's repeater mode function has become flaky. I can ping for a few seconds...then it no longer responds...then I can ping again for a few seconds...then no responds. It's back and forth. So it appears to be an issue on the AC87U when you try to connect another device in repeater mode. I tried my AC68U on Media Bridge mode, and everything just works. No hiccups.

Last edited:
Hi. I've been using Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 on a couple of AC68U's. One is my main router and the other is configured in Repeater Mode. I have a Netgear R6300 v2 also connected to the main router via repeater mode. No problem whatsoever with this setup.

The other day I purchased a couple of AC87U's to replace my AC68U's. They had stock Asus firmware...can't remember the version. I factory reset them before the firmware upgrade. I was able to upgrade both straight to Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62. I factory reset them again after the firmware upgrade. I went ahead and configured one of them as my main router and the other one in Media Bridge mode...cuz to my surprise, there's no Repeater Mode option on the AC87U. The Netgear R6300 v2 connected fine to the main AC87U in repeater mode. No problem whatsoever with this setup.

Because of the lack of Repeater Mode on the AC87U, I decided to take the Media Bridge AC87U offline. I configured one of my AC68U's in Repeater Mode. For some reason or another, this router establishes a connection to the AC87U for a few seconds (I noticed a ping success, then drops) and then AC68U reboots. When it reboots, it cycles through the same process...connects for a few seconds, then reboots again. I went ahead and upgraded it to 380.62...did a factory reset before and after the firmware upgrade but the reboot cycle still happens after I configure it in Repeater Mode.

Anyone seen this issue before with an AC87U as main router and AC68U connected in repeater mode?
My AC68U connects to the AC87U's 5Ghz band. The AC87U's settings are the following:
Band: 5Ghz
Hide SSID: No
Channel bandwidth: 80Mhz
Control channel: 153
Extension channel: auto
Authentication method: WPA2-Personal
WPA Encryption: AES
Protection Management Frames: Disable
Group Key Retention Internal: 3600

I have AC87 as router and AC68 as media-bridge both on Merlin's 380.62, works great for me. I have not tried repeater mode.

380.62_1 has been uploaded to the primary download site (mirror site will come a bit later today). The only code change is the upgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.2j, to address a security issue involving the use of CRLs. Upgrading from 380.62 is not critical if you do not use OpenVPN, or rely on a script that uses wget/curl with a https URL.

Last edited:
Since I don't use OpenVPN or VPN anything I'll stay on 380.62. No issues since I installed it late on Sept 23rd on my RT-AC68U. Thanks for all your work!

Since I don't use OpenVPN or VPN anything I'll stay on 380.62. No issues since I installed it late on Sept 23rd on my RT-AC68U. Thanks for all your work!

I actually thought of a second usage scenario where there might be an impact with the change: anyone using a script that does a wget or curl to an HTTPS site. That's not a very wide target audience, but still worth mentioning.

Updated to 62_1 on both my devices no issues. Thx.

Updated to 62_1 on both my devices no issues. Thx.

Do you have yours configured like mine? AC87U as main router...and another router connected to the AC87U via Repeater Mode?

I spoke too soon. The Netgear R6300 v2 has become flaky when connected to the AC87U in Repeater Mode. I can ping for a few seconds...then it no longer responds...then I can ping again for a few seconds...then no response. It's back and forth. So it appears to be an issue on the AC87U when you try to connect another device in repeater mode. I tried my AC68U on Media Bridge mode, and everything just works. No hiccups. I'll try 62_1 on both.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Do you have yours configured like mine? AC87U as main router...and another router connected to the AC87U via Repeater Mode?

The last working connection with the AC87 and the AC68 in Reapeter Mode is the 380.58 on the AC87. There is a issue in the latest Quantenna firmware. When you install the 380.58 on the AC87 the reapetermode should work.

Thank you so much!!!

*** UPDATE ***
Damn...another stumbling block! I tried to downgrade from 380.62_1 to 380.58. It was blocked...it said, "To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified firmware verification rule to ensure better firmware quality. This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware."

Looks like it's because of this: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-firmware-will-change-the-verification-method.32357/

Any workaround to allow me to downgrade to 380.58?

*** UPDATE ***
Got it to downgrade. Simply use rescue mode.

*** UPDATE ***
I can confirm that after downgrading my AC87U to 380.58, the Repeater Mode on my AC68U works flawlessly again. I just left the AC68U on 380.62_1. The Netgear 6300 v2's Repeater Mode works now as well.

*** UPDATE ***
Although repeater mode worked on the AC68U, wired and wireless clients can't get DHCP addresses connected to the AC68U. Had to downgrade the Ac68u's firmware.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I found one bug for me. No looks good that full name exampme device GSM is show under select list. This no looks good. Full name we have when open select list. Look on screen
bug.jpg

Second bug is on web browser CHROME
Status BAR from memory storage is to long...
On Internet Explorer all works ok. I clear cache web browser Chrome and nothing
bug2.jpg

I found one bug for me. No looks good that full name exampme device GSM is show under select list. This no looks good. Full name we have when open select list. Look on screen
View attachment 7356

Second bug is on web browser CHROME
Status BAR from memory storage is to long...
On Internet Explorer all works ok. I clear cache web browser Chrome and nothing
View attachment 7357
Known issue with latest Chrome - use IE or Firefox until it's fixed... ;)

oki

I just upgrade from 380.62 to 380.62_1 on my RT-AC68P and for the first time ever I got a message saying upgrade complete, please manually restart router. That was very frustrating because I was not expecting it. Is this going to be the norm for all updates now? I didn't see anything in the changelog about this new behavior.

Merlin is your firmware keeping overclock values after a reboot?
Many thanks for all your work.

thanks again for the 380.62 release.
the only issue is the "Disk spindown idle time (in seconds)" function doesnt work anymore. I am using rt-n66u with 250gb HDD connected. Download master is also not in use. I have set the time limit of 400seconds. But the disk continue to spin even afer 400sec.

1. Can someone confirm this issue? It would be a show-stopper for me.
2. I'm using the RT-AC56U with 380.58. Can I directly upgrade to 380.62 or is any additional step necessary except resetting the router?

Merlin is your firmware keeping overclock values after a reboot?
Many thanks for all your work.

As far as I know probably not. It was a change in one of the last firmwares caused by a code change made by Asus.
But I think it's not a big deal as you can set your prefered settings with the help of the start scripts in the jffs folder.

Just add your settings to the "post-mount" scipt and you will be fine.
These are my settings:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

#CPU Overclocking
nvram set clkfreq=1200,800
nvram commit

I can confirm that after downgrading my AC87U to 380.58, the Repeater Mode on my AC68U works flawlessly again. I just left the AC68U on 380.62_1. The Netgear 6300 v2's Repeater Mode works now as well.

Glad that it works

380.62 was very stable , just bumped my AC5300 to 380.62_1 and its working like a champ. (I use OpenVPN)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!