What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.63_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 380.63_2 is now available for all supported models.

This is a minor update which introduces new graphical charts to some pages, and fixes a few minor issues.

The highlights of this release:

• New graphical charts added to the daily and monthly pages for Traffic Monitoring and IPTraffic.
  • New QoS Statistics page which shows the amount and rate of traffic for the existing traffic classes
  • ipset for ARM routers now use the newer ipset 6.x version. This introduces a few changes over 4.x, make sure you read the ipset documentation for more info on the necessary changes, such as the modules you must load at the start of your script (xt_set.ko should be manually loaded).
  • Tor was updated.
  • CVE-2016-5195 (Dirty COW) was patched in all kernels used
  • Popup helps were added to a few of the settings that are unique to Asuswrt-Merlin.
  • A few other changes, make sure you read the changelog for more details

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Last edited:
Don't think I saw this with the beta, may be the specific values I have at the moment with some funky math/rounding going on. The MB and KB look normal. See what it does when I go above 1 Gig.

QygyKSO.png

Installed on RT-AC68U, everything fine so far but QoS-Graph (traditional QoS, PPPoE) doesn't display correct labels. After some tests it seems they do not match at all. Not a big issue, thank you so far.

Regards,
Chris

Attachments

• qos-classes.PNG
    qos-classes.PNG
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,409
Last edited:
Hi there, Merlin.

Since the miniDLNA is updated to 1.1.6, so since 380.62 have I an issue (tried with this version also). Up to 380.61 showed the mediaserver on the smartTV first the libraries and after them the single files.
From 380.62 I don't have this sorting, but at the first time there is an alphabetical sorting. After copying something new the new items are mixed together, so I can find them not so simply.

Thanks for listening

AC87U refuses tu update, after reboot still on previous version 360.61
Tried with 360.62 as well, same problem
Any ideas ?
Thanks

UPDATE:
Problem solved using wired LAN connection
Thanks

Last edited:
I still have the same problem as when I tried to upgrade from 380.62 to the 380.63 beta 2 on my RT-AC87U.

When I choose the file and click "Upload", it says "Please wait, Applying Settings...".

After waiting for appx a minute, it then says "Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again." whilst a percentage counts up to 100%, which takes around 2 minutes to complete.

After that the router is unusable. The web interface says "Internet status: Disconnected", core 1 is stuck at 100% and I can't do anything unless I power cycle the router.

So far I've tried:
1) Downloading the very same file from different mirrors
2) Flash the firmware using different computers (incl mobile phones and tablets)
3) Different OS's
4) Different browsers
5) Wired connection
6) Wireless 2,4 GHz connection
7) Wireless 5 GHz connection
8) Every possible combination of step 1-6/7

I also tried flashing using ssh as I was recommended, which resulted in a variety of errors and once again I had to power cycle it to get it working again (please see my post in the 380.63beta2 thread).

No problem uploading and recovering my AC88U via the Rescue tool, I always use the Rescue tool to upload the new firmwares, not had an issue yet

All good here. I'd been running Beta 2 since Tuesday and updated to the release version this morning.

RT-AC68P - Pretty standard configuration
- Adaptive QoS
- Traffic Statistics ON
- Both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz radios
- I do use SNMP
- I have 15 DHCP reservations/manual assignments
- 1 2 GB USB flash memory stick
- Average of 24 client devices (wired and wireless)

When we press the "customers" button, we see the following:
Снимок.JPG
And when we press the button "View List" see a blank window. Why?
Снимок1.JPG

Asus Rt-AC87U, 380.63

By interface
Снимок2.JPG

Last edited:
I still have the same problem as when I tried to upgrade from 380.62 to the 380.63 beta 2 on my RT-AC87U.

Try clearing NVRAM or doing a full factory reset before flashing. Make sure you don't have any USB devices connected while flashing.

binggesoft, what browser?

Hi. Sorry if this is a known bug, I’ve tried looking before asking.

I am running an RT-AC87U with 380.63 and it still does this. (and all previous firmware’s.)

I disable both 2.3 and 5GHz radios as I use a separate ceiling mounted device for WIFI.

Even though they are both switched off the LED for the 5GHz stays on. And under Administrator -Performance tuning….the temp for 2.4GHz shows disabled but the 5GHz is listed as on and 56 degrees.

They are in fact both off as there is no SSID anymore. Not a big thing but the stock firmware doesn’t do this and I have tried a full reset and firmware recovery.

Just found out that if I press LED off then LED on it clears the 5GHz LED and shows it as being OFF which it is, it’s as if the LED is not getting updated.

Still shows the temperature though!

Thanks. Love the firmware and is rock solid for me where it counts

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online