What's new

Removal of Merlin Firmware.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

olddawg117

New Around Here
I have a RT-AC1900P running Merlin 380.60_4 firmware that I'd like to remove and return to the factory firmware. What would be the steps involved in this process?

Thanks

That's a very old firmware. I would just download and flash the latest Asus firmware. And YES a complete factory reset and manual setup would be required.

That's a very old firmware. I would just download and flash the latest Asus firmware. And YES a complete factory reset and manual setup would be required.
Thanks. Sorry about this being in the wrong forum. The moderator can move it to the correct one if they want.

I have a RT-AC1900P running Merlin 380.60_4 firmware that I'd like to remove and return to the factory firmware. What would be the steps involved in this process?

Thanks
Reverting back to stock ASUS firmware is explained right in the Merlin Wiki...

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/Reverting

Reverting​

Just like flashing, reverting to an original Asus firmware is just as simple as flashing the router with a firmware downloaded from their website. The same rules apply as when flashing Asuswrt-Merlin: resetting settings might be required if going back multiple versions.

Note that starting around firmware 3.0.0.4.380_3000 (and with Asuswrt-merlin 380.60), a new firmware format is used, which will reject flashing attempts of any older version than these two versions.

Also reverting from a 382.xx version to an older 380.xx release is not officially supported - you will need to do a factory default after flashing the older release, or restore a settings backup made while still running a 380.xx release.

Also a good idea to do a hard factory reset pre and post reverting. For certain ASUS routers including the RT-AC1900P.

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset - Method 1​

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039077

1. Turn the router off.
2. Press and hold the "WPS" button and turn the router on.
3. Power light is on (keep holding the WPS button).
4. Release the WPS button after the power LED light starts flashing.
5. Power light stops flashing and the router will automatically reboot.