What's new

Rename Second Samba Share

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Manicjonah

Occasional Visitor
I have an external drive with two partitions connected to my Asus RT-AC68U running Merlin 378.51. I think I'm missing something obvious but I can't seem to figure out how to rename the second share (currently named sda3). Can someone set me straight?

I connected the drive to my laptop and renamed the first partition NAS and the second partition NAS2. When I connected the drive back to my router the new name I gave to the first partition (NAS) is the name of the first share but the second share isn't named NAS2. What am I missing?

Thanks,

MJ

You have a couple of things that should work. Create folders in your partitions with the share names you want. If only one shows up repartition the drive to a single partition and create your two folders.

bb

I would just have one partition with folders, you can setup different access permissions for each folder/share.