What's new

Repeater setup questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lepa71

I have couple question for Repeater setup. I have R7000(stock fw) as primary router and trying to use RT-AC68R as repeater. I have a static IP assigned to 68R on the same subnet and the bridge is configured over 5Ghz band. I currently can connect to 68R over 2.4 Ghz wifi or cable fine.
Questions
1. Do I want/need to use the same SSIDs for both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands
2. How do I change the channel on wifi if it's possible at all?
3. Can I connect to 68R on 5 Ghz band if it's being used for bridge?

Thanks in advance.

I have couple question for Repeater setup. I have R7000(stock fw) as primary router and trying to use RT-AC68R as repeater. I have a static IP assigned to 68R on the same subnet and the bridge is configured over 5Ghz band. I currently can connect to 68R over 2.4 Ghz wifi or cable fine.
Questions
1. Do I want/need to use the same SSIDs for both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands
2. How do I change the channel on wifi if it's possible at all?
3. Can I connect to 68R on 5 Ghz band if it's being used for bridge?

Thanks in advance.

Post moved to its own thread, as this has nothing to do with the 378.54 release.

I'm using 378.54_2 on 68R

@RMerlin
Can you answer any of those questions, please? Especially #2.

Thanks

I don't use Repeater mode, so I don't know off the top of my head. My guess is, it's hardcoded to reuse the same channel as the original router you are repeating.

No. I'm talking about channel on 2.4 Ghz. There is no option to change the channel in Wireless section. The bridge is established on 5 Ghz band. I understand that 2 routers will have connect on the same frequency and channel to build the bridge.