What's new

Replace AC68U with AC66U_B1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bbunge

Part of the Furniture
I have an AC68U at a remote site that seems to have a 2.4 GHZ radio failing. I have an AC66U_B1 that I want to set up in advance for a speedy changeover. Both run Merlin 384.18 and have the same processor, ARM7 rev 0 (v71).
Will I be successful taking backups of the AC68U and applying them to the AC66U_B1? Am not running Entware or anything on a USB.

I have an AC68U at a remote site that seems to have a 2.4 GHZ radio failing. I have an AC66U_B1 that I want to set up in advance for a speedy changeover. Both run Merlin 384.18 and have the same processor, ARM7 rev 0 (v71).
Will I be successful taking backups of the AC68U and applying them to the AC66U_B1? Am not running Entware or anything on a USB.

The consensus around here is usually “not worth it”. It’ll only save you less than 30 minutes but you’ll always wonder if it would be better if you hadn’t restored from a different model.