What's new

Request : Internet connectivity status script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sandz

New Around Here
I have just got the RT-ac66u , installed the 378.53_0 merlin firmwire. Using cable internet connection with static ip, connected from a 5 port switch.

My problem is that the WAN led on the router only detects the physical connection, only goes out if the network cable is unplugged, it stays lit even if I have internet connectivity or not.

Even the Internet status is always shown as "Connected" in the network map, even if I'm disconnected from the internet.
Though I have a leased line connection my ISP has the habit of sometimes dropping the internet connection, all it takes for me is to login to my ISP control panel and relogin with my user/pass.

But since there is no sign anywhere saying my internet connectivity is there or not, I have to run ping to check if my connectivity is lost.

I have no knowledge of linux programming.

If anyone can make a script of some sort, that can ping a website or something like that, and shows some icon or message on the network map saying there is no internet connection. Or the wan light blinks or turns off etc.

I would be glad to buy that person a beer :)

eg, the belkin n300 that I had before this had a green led, which turned amber when I lost internet connectivity.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!