What's new

rerouting a single website to LAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mstrom62

Occasional Visitor
I am trying to get it so a specific website is redirect to a local connection. I have a company domain, which is hosted at go daddy. I have a support appliance which I connect into at support.mysite.com. This device has 2 network connections, and the second connection is on my lan, and it would be much faster to connect to it via the lan when I'm working from inside my network. So, I'd like my router, when it sees a request to support.mysite.com to redirect that traffic to a local IP address, but any other, such as www.mysite.com would be passed out to the internet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gee, that sounds more like a DNS issue. If you manage your own DNS either locally or remotely simply add a subdomain entry to point to your local machine IP. If you're connecting with a local system then add an entry to its /etc/hosts file showing the desired subdomain and the local IP. Even with Windows the hosts file in the \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts will do the same thing.

Give it a whirl.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!