What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joemoney

New Around Here
Hello! I'd like to get Asuswrt-Merlin running on my GT-AC5300. I've been using the firmware for a long time on my AC-66U and would like to get it running on my new router since the AC-66U isn't being supported anymore.

I tried flashing the RT-AC5300 firmware to see if it would work but I got an "Invalid Firmware Upload" error message. Would it be possible to modify the RT-AC5300 firmware to run on the GT-AC5300? I looked around the forum but didn't find anything. Any help would be awesome!

Hello! I'd like to get Asuswrt-Merlin running on my GT-AC5300. I've been using the firmware for a long time on my AC-66U and would like to get it running on my new router since the AC-66U isn't being supported anymore.

I tried flashing the RT-AC5300 firmware to see if it would work but I got an "Invalid Firmware Upload" error message. Would it be possible to modify the RT-AC5300 firmware to run on the GT-AC5300? I looked around the forum but didn't find anything. Any help would be awesome!
Sorry, it cannot be done.

[FAQ] READ ME FIRST before posting a question

Q: Will you support the GT-AC5300?
A: No, because of infrequent GPL releases from Asus (mandatory for proper support by Asuswrt-Merlin), the amount of work involved in supporting this specific model, and its low popularity due to its high price.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!