What's new

[ROG RAPTURE GT-AX11000] Experiences & Discussion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I tried "sanitize" the network for performance testings, here are what I did with AX11000:

Any ideas why? I have gone through two identical AX11000s (I originally thought my first one was defective so I ordered replacement), they are all about the same.

HrMM.. I was wondering the same thing when I read all the reviews that said you could enable all the settings of the GT 5300, and it wouldn't be a disaster. Maybe something to do with getting Free equipment or $$ ?

This is the Joke Release.

2. Disabled airtime fairness, universal beamfoaming, MU-MIMO.

Did you manage to go ahead and see which one from those three options are used to stop the disconnections.

"Not 100% sure if #2 specifically helped anything as I still had issue after those change until I made the third change. So I might turn back on one by one over the weekend and see if any of them did anything."

Which one specially helped? All of them, two options or one? After testing please confirm. Thank you kindly

Wouldn’t have been myself if I hadn’t tried out the GT-AX11000. Not enough to get my fingers burnt by the RT-AC86U, I said to myself – Hey, this is ASUS, let’s give them another try. Yeah.

1) Good Wi-Fi coverage in my apartment – better than my RT-AC86U, but no more than on a par with the TP-Link C4000;

2) Horrible experience trying to connect my PLC devices, just horrible (this appears to be standard for Asus, no reason why);

3) No noticeable increase in Wi-Fi speed (no scientific testing on my part, just the smartphone and laptop, testing download and upload at various distances; and I have no AX clients);

4) The third band (second 5 GHz) died after four days. Heavens. Nice.

Sent back to the shop for a full refund, and I switched back to what I was using before.

Amazing – a relatively expensive router that fails within a few days. Of course your experience may be different (and I hope it is), but this just blew my socks off.

Lol. Like you I’ve been down the Buggy Routers road many times. Still marvel at how bad ASUS is at software. I think by this time next year this router will by ready for non-debuggers to purchase. If we are lucky that is. Hang in their guys. We are counting on you to debug this beast!

Perhaps they should give us a medal - for Exemplary and Meritorious Service to the Debugging Community.
But I've retired from betatesting - "turn off that function, switch on this function, do a manual/minimum config, set this up, move this here, shift that there"; at some point I finally noticed that I was spending way too much time on all this.
Maybe Asus is overcomplicating things? Focusing too much on creating a software that has way too many functions and therefore cannot achieve stability? Although I do think their hardware could use some additional QA, at least judging by my experience ...
I still enjoy reading the "betatesting threads", however. ;)

WAN aggregation is also referenced as being there (Under Dual WAN) but it is no where to be found. The AX88U does have it though.

Of course, the past 2 releases have broken IPV6.

@RMerlin

Once I connect my Killer AX1650x to my wifi network which is on SmartConnect, how can I verify that I am indeed using the new 160hz band?

2019-05-12_015025.jpg

fffffffff.jpg

ggg.jpg

Have a look at the Killer Wifi-max. speed (in windows shown with wifi-status). It must double compared to 80MHz.
oh wow, the first time I connected I could've sworn it was only 865 mbps but now it shows 1.2GBPS, is that what you mean?

2019-05-13_001807.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!