What's new

Rotating the traffic log file on RT-AC68R 3.0.0.4.374.38_2 merlin firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cobra_shipwreck

Occasional Visitor
There is the option to reset the file every hour, 6 hours, day, week, or month. At what time does that file get rewritten, or is it a case where the information is just written over starting with the oldest first?

If it just clears the file and starts anew, at what time is that done. based on one's setting.

Timing that one could write a shell script in the JFFS partition to rotate the traffic files, and then take a mini linux box such as the raspberry pi to run queries and formatting on the files to extract per device access information and the automatically email that information to one or more individuals.

This question is a stepping stone to other things. I could muddle things by doing multiple questions in one thread, but that would make extracting information that is usable much more difficult to others new to the forum. My only intent is to research, develop, and report so that others can use what I have found.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!