What's new

Route requests of different domain names to different servers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MarcelN

New Around Here
Hello,

I am new to this forum, and have a question about my RT-AC66U router running with Merlin Firmware: 378.55 , and was curious if there is any way or possibility to route incomming requests to different domain names, pointing to only 1 single static public IP addres, to different servers in my local LAN. (Some sort of filtering..)

thanks in advance,

Hello,

I am new to this forum, and have a question about my RT-AC66U router running with Merlin Firmware: 378.55 , and was curious if there is any way or possibility to route incomming requests to different domain names, pointing to only 1 single static public IP addres, to different servers in my local LAN. (Some sort of filtering..)

thanks in advance,

Routers work on the IP level, and do not see the domain name used, so the answer is no not on the same destination port.

However, some server software like a web server can get the domain name from within the protocol data, and route the request to different directories based on that. So you can have multiple web domains all on the same server.

Hello,

thanks for your reply..
It's correct what you are saying, but this is not a possibility in my configuration.
My Website (first domain) is running on my synology NAS (port 80 only), my ownCloud Server (first domain) is running on Server-1 in a VM (port 443 only), my FTP server is running on Server-1 in the same VM (port 21 only).
Now for the second Domain (development) I use different VM's on my workstation I need to be apple to redirect also those ports 80, 443, 21 to these development VM's.

Question:
1 - Why is the firewall inside able to look into the packets, would be useful to be able to redirect the ports perhaps from here ???

3 - Why is f.i. Windows Server able to do this..

2 - Why is f.i. Sonicwall able to do this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!