What's new

Router Firmware that saves multiple SSIDs for Bridge Mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Paradise

Occasional Visitor
Is there a Router out there with a firmware where you can save multiple SSIDs with password?
So that its easy to switch between different Networks if you use the device in Bridge Mode.

What does the password required for your SSID (wifi radio) have to do w/ whether your router is in Bridge (vs. Routed) mode? They seem completely unrelated. And so no, I wouldn't expect any such capability. Not unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

Not really related.
But lets say you use a router in Bridge Mode for a PC that you take with you.
Your Phone or Windows does save all the SSIDs/passwords and you can set if it should connect automatically or not.

There are this GL.iNet routers. How do they work? Do you need to type in the password every time you come to the same place?

If you're referring to a travel router, one which you take from place to place, and connect it to the hotel or wifi cafe's AP, *that* wireless connection has to be established each time you visit that location. A router typically does NOT remember the places previously visited and use any saved SSID information (although I suppose it's possible, it *might* be a feature of some travel routers, you'd have to check the documentation). However, *your* SSID on that same travel router, the one your PC/laptop connects to, is going to remain the same (unless you decide to change it for some reason), and your PC/laptop will remember that SSID information.

IOW, we're talking about two different things here when it comes to SSID. The travel router's connection to the hotel or wifi cafe's AP, vs. the AP you've established on the router for your devices (PC/laptop). I was initially confused because I had assumed it was the latter that concerned you.