What's new

Router for range and load

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

charlieboy246

New Around Here
Hi there everybody I am currently in the market for a new router and after having done much research I am still in confusion into which router I should purchase.

I really want a router that has great range as my current BT Home Hub 4 has okay range. My property is a medium sized 2 floor house with medium size thick hardwood walls.

At any point I have 20 or so devices connected including wireless and wired connections.

I have looked at the R7000 and the AC87u but there are many negative and positive reviews on Amazon about both these products therefore I am conflicted.

My main aim however is range therefore please can you suggest me a router that has great range.

Budget is around £150

Thank you very much

The R7000 is stable and mature with good 3rd party support - also consider that the R7000 is part of the SNB router test platform, which says much about the stability of this device...

The Asus RT-AC87U is the poster child for excess frustration on the part of many forum members - it's an evolutionary dead-end as Asus has moved on from their Quantenna experiment...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!