What's new

Router/ Gateway Recommendation for Ruckus Xclaim Xi-3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TechPup

Occasional Visitor
I am interested in the Ruckus Xi-3 APs, but I would appreciate any advice for a compatible router/Gateway to use with them. I have minimal networking/CLI skills. I have no trouble configuring consumer grade routers such as Asus, etc., but even if I were to go with an Ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite, my limited networking skills would require me to use the stock set-up wizard. Any recommendations? Could the Ruckus APs be used with a consumer grade router, such as an Asus (my current favorite consumer grade router), with the wireless turned off? Which router would any of you suggest?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I am interested in the Ruckus Xi-3 APs, but I would appreciate any advice for a compatible router/Gateway to use with them. I have minimal networking/CLI skills. I have no trouble configuring consumer grade routers such as Asus, etc., but even if I were to go with an Ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite, my limited networking skills would require me to use the stock set-up wizard. Any recommendations? Could the Ruckus APs be used with a consumer grade router, such as an Asus (my current favorite consumer grade router), with the wireless turned off? Which router would any of you suggest?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Yes, you could use a consumer grade router with WiFi turned off, but more than lightly you would be paying a premium for features you won't use.

Cisco, Linksys, TP-Link all have setup wizards that can get you up and running pretty fast. Ubiquiti & mikrotik are going to require some knowledge.

Others can probably suggest better than me, but Cisco RV042, RV180, Linksys LRT214 have very simple and straight forward wizards that once setup, you would only have to plug your AP in.

Feel free to PM me for any help.