What's new

Router not seeing USB during boot.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

^Tripper^

My router does not seem to recognise a usb thumb drive during boot. After booting up, it does not see the drive until I yank it out and put it back in, then it works fine. The thumb drive has Diversion and entware on it. Tried another drive, same issue. Tried a third drive and... still the same. Weird.

Two usb 3 and one usb 2 thumb drive tested. All show the same behaviour.

Any ideas before I nuke the router and set it back to factory defaults? Running merlin’s 384.7_2 on a 87U.

Thank you!

Post your syslog showing the router booting up with one of the undetected USB drives plugged in.

My router does not seem to recognise a usb thumb drive during boot. After booting up, it does not see the drive until I yank it out and put it back in, then it works fine. The thumb drive has Diversion and entware on it. Tried another drive, same issue. Tried a third drive and... still the same. Weird.

Two usb 3 and one usb 2 thumb drive tested. All show the same behaviour.

Any ideas before I nuke the router and set it back to factory defaults? Running merlin’s 384.7_2 on a 87U.

Thank you!
Try switching to usb2 mode. I have had the same issue with a usb3 thumb drive in the usb3 port. Turning off usb3 mode worked for me.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk