Router problems

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by OutOfBand, Jan 14, 2013.

1. OutOfBand

OutOfBand New Around Here

(Sorry meant to post in this sub forum, posted in main by accident)

Hello i am hoping some one may be able to shed some light on my problem.
    I bought a RT-AC66U 6 weeks ago, and up until last Saturday, it has been working just fine. But the last two days, i have problems with my internet connection, where it would disconnect and reconnect. I thought it was my isp at first, but i noticed that my wireless devices were also losing connection at the same time as my pcs (which are wired).
    I downloaded the latest firmware and flashed it, and still no change.

To check if it was my isp or the router, i connected the modem directly to my pc, and have had no connection problem, but as soon as i reconnect the router, it drops connection again.
    It also is happening every minutes, and not just a couple of times during the day.
    Does anyone have an idea what may be wrong, i am hoping my router is faulty and needs to be replaced

2. Log in / Register to remove this ad

3. zoulas

zoulas Occasional Visitor

Good test connecting the modem to the pc. The next thing I would do is connect another router in lieu of the Asus. Perhaps borrow one from a friend. Having an extra router in the house is a great troubleshooting tool. You can also check the system log in the Asus UI for any issues.

4. OutOfBand

OutOfBand New Around Here

I am pretty certain it is the router, as i have not dropped connection yet with the modem connected directly to the pc. Also i am trying to look at router gui page using my laptop and tablets, and can only view it for a few moments before it drops connection again (i am atm trying to restore to factory default, but cannot since it drops connection so soon...)

5. mikeg

mikeg Senior Member

Have you checked your wires so that they are at least cat5e , the one from the Asus wan-port to the isp:s unit too.