What's new

Router randomly rebooting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tomuks

New Around Here
Hi, I am not very good in explaining things but I will try:

So, my Asus RT-AC66U , with 380.62_1 Firmware( had the same problem with previous FW as well) for like a month or so started rebooting( or just drops connection?) randomly- it can be 5 times per day or it can be 1 time in a few days.

To be noted I am using this router almost two years and it has never had any problems connection was rock stable and sometimes lasted even more than 60 days without a single reboot. I didn't change my ISP, didn't change modem, router settings anything(until i got problems) , it just started rebooting out of nowhere.

So, for testing I changed my modem to other one, no changes, resseted router, no changes, reinstalled firmware, still no good news. even bought new AC/DC adapter, to check if this can cause the problem, nop still the same problem.

Also I thought that it can be ISP problems, but i doubt about that, as I dont get any dowgrade in speeds, also ping looks decent. I alweays have stable internet connection before and after router reboots.

I have around 10 clients which are all wireless and one wired connection(main PC) connectiuon drops to all devices and also wired one..

I am pretty bad at understanding logs so I will add them here

http://pastebin.com/AqrZgX61

Usually I believe it looks similar every time I got router reboot, as you can see it time stamp, it sudennly starting like from cold boot, and I have no Idea what is going on.

If you have any ideas how this can be solved please share, if you need more logs just ask.

Thank you for any help!

Tomas.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!