What's new

rstats[455]: Problem loading...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

geko53

Regular Contributor
Since I've upgraded to 380.62_1 my logfile is filling with error messages like the following:

Code:
Oct 27 10:34:20 rstats[455]: Problem loading /mnt/ASPRO/stat/tomato_rstats_xxxxxx.gz. Still trying...
Oct 27 10:49:20 rstats[455]: Problem loading /mnt/ASPRO/stat/tomato_rstats_xxxxxx.gz. Still trying...
Oct 27 11:04:21 rstats[455]: Problem loading /mnt/ASPRO/stat/tomato_rstats_xxxxxx.gz. Still trying...
Oct 27 11:19:21 rstats[455]: Problem loading /mnt/ASPRO/stat/tomato_rstats_xxxxxx.gz. Still trying...
Oct 27 11:34:21 rstats[455]: Problem loading /mnt/ASPRO/stat/tomato_rstats_xxxxxx.gz. Still trying...

I've checked the USB drive where the logfiles are placed, and I got the message:

Code:
Clearing dirty flag...
Repair finished with 2 repaired inconsistencies.
File system is clean.

After repair the error messages continue appearing...

Any idea what is going wrong here?

Ciao
Gerald

Last edited:
Does the file exist, and is in the correct location?

The file exists and is placed in the correct location... Some days ago I made a reset to the data files (Tools -> other settings -> Create or reset IPTraffic data files : yes), but without positive effect - the error messages reappeared some 2 or 3 hours later...

Ciao
Gerald

The only reasons this could fail is either the file doesn't exist, the path is incorrect (Linux is case-sensitive), or the file is corrupted. I recommend recreating it again from the Tools -> Other Settings page. Since the filesystem had to be repaired, it's possible the file was corrupted/truncated.

Tx for supporting me, I'll give resetting statistics another try...

The strange thing is that monitoring the traffic seems to run although this error message exists... when checking Traffic Manager - Traffic Monitor per device I can see the daily activities of all my devices as well as the monthly traffic...

Last edited:
I recommend recreating it again from the Tools -> Other Settings page. Since the filesystem had to be repaired, it's possible the file was corrupted/truncated.

Recreating the file didn't help - my log is now again flooded with frequent error messages "Problem loading /mnt/ASPRO/stat/tomato_rstats_xxxxx" (btw. precisely every 15 minutes... although I've chosen a save frequency of 1 hour).

Any idea?

Recreating the file didn't help - my log is now again flooded with frequent error messages "Problem loading /mnt/ASPRO/stat/tomato_rstats_xxxxx" (btw. precisely every 15 minutes... although I've chosen a save frequency of 1 hour).

Any idea?
The 15 minutes check is normal in the watchdog.
But could you check the following....telenet/ssh to the router and enter

nvram get 0:macaddr
nvram get wan0_hwaddr

do the results match and match the value of xxxxx in tomato_rstats_xxxxx (without the colons).

tx for your reply...
results match with the value of xxxx (MAC-address of the router...)

I just tested it on an RT-AC68U and cannot reproduce your issue.

What does the output of these commands return?

(Friggin' Cloudflare...)

http://pastebin.com/av0vNMRB

What does the output of these commands return?

First one:

Code:
drwxrwxrwx    1 Geri     root       32.0K Mar 29  2015 Ordner1
drwxrwxrwx    1 Geri     root      224.0K Oct 30 19:57 stat
drwxrwxrwx    1 Geri     root       32.0K Oct 30 21:58 Ordner2
drwxrwxrwx    1 Geri     root       32.0K Mar 29  2015 tmp
[...]

Second one:

Code:
-rwxrwxrwx    1 Geri     root        1.3K Oct 30 19:57 tomato_cstats_xxxxxxxxxxx.gz
-rwxrwxrwx    1 Geri     root        1.1K Sep 18 11:28 tomato_rstats_xxxxxxxxxxx.gz

When trying to open the file in the backup of the old .gz-archive (/tomato_rstats_xxxxxxxxxxxx.gz) in the directory /stat/ I get a read error, the file cannot be extracted or read...

Now I've generated a new (empty) directory (/mnt/ASPRO/statneu/) and recreated the IPTraffic data files. Some minutes later I get the same result:

Code:
Oct 30 21:15:26 rstats[14820]: Problem loading /mnt/ASPRO/statneu/tomato_rstats_xxxxxxxxxxxx.gz. Still trying...
Oct 30 21:30:27 rstats[14820]: Problem loading /mnt/ASPRO/statneu/tomato_rstats_xxxxxxxxxxxx.gz. Still trying...
Oct 30 21:45:27 rstats[14820]: Problem loading /mnt/ASPRO/statneu/tomato_rstats_xxxxxxxxxxxx.gz. Still trying...
Oct 30 22:00:27 rstats[14820]: Problem loading /mnt/ASPRO/statneu/tomato_rstats_xxxxxxxxxxxx.gz. Still trying...

In the new directory (/statneu/) the file /tomato_rstats_xxxxxxxxxxxx.gz is missing, only the file /tomato_cstats_xxxxxxxxxxxx.gz has been created.

Last edited:
Now I've generated a new (empty) directory (/mnt/ASPRO/statneu/) and recreated the IPTraffic data files. Some minutes later I get the same result:

Rstats is regular traffic, NOT IPtraffic. You are generating the wrong database. Cstats is the IPTraffic one.

@RMerlin: tx for the hint... When recreating the database files I disregarded to check the first option ("Create or reset data files") and chose only the second one ("Create or reset IPTraffic data files").

Now having done so it seems to work - error message has disappeared :)