What's new

RT-AC1900p remove device from router or change lower case mac adress

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BigDLondon

Occasional Visitor
Hi
I'm trying to add icons to my router devices and have discovered that I put lower case into the mac address which won't allow me to put an Icon on that device . The router has kept the lower case in it's memory ? Every time I put the upper case in ,it still shows lower case when trying to add an icon.Thanks BigD

Sorry didn't work.
Sara Laptop lower case mac address.jpg

What firmware are you using? (don't say last one)
Aha don't click on ICON use Add / Delete button on right side.

Last edited:
What firmware are you using? (don't say last one)
Aha don't click on ICON use Add / Delete button on right side.
I'm using Merlin's RT-AC68u 380.61 .The reason I'm using the icon button is I've given all the other devices icons .

I'm using Merlin's RT-AC68u 380.61 .The reason I'm using the icon button is I've given all the other devices icons .
If you don't want to test with "Add / Delete" button I can't help you beyond that.

If you don't want to test with "Add / Delete" button I can't help you beyond that.
I used the add / delete button and it's still in lower case. I guess a hard reset might fix that but than I have to re input everything. On client's status it shows lower case mac address.

I used the add / delete button and it's still in lower case. I guess a hard reset might fix that but than I have to re input everything. On client's status it shows lower case mac address.
You must edit yourself it is not automatic.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!