What's new

RT-AC5300 Network Discovery Slow/Failing With Latest Firmware (380.66_2)...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

James Carman

New Around Here
I have noticed that after the latest firmware update, I have a hard time using my Bose SoundTouch and Logitech Harmony remote software. The Harmony remote takes a really long time to find the "hubs" on my network. The SoundTouch just never finds my speakers. If I downgrade, everything works just fine. I noticed this issue with the firmware from Asus starting sometime last year also, which is why I switched to Merlin.

Well, I reverted back to 380.65_4 and everything seems to be working okay again. Are they doing something with isolation or something that would keep folks on different parts of the network (5GHz vs. 2.4GHz vs. wired) from "seeing" one another? UDP not flowing around like it used to or something?

I don't think so. I think it's a bug that creeps up in different builds which they eventually fix.

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

Reverting to 380.65_4 resolved this issue for me as well. I hope the fix gets back into a newer build at some point.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!