What's new

RT AC5300 suddenly will not power up

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ManilaMike

New Around Here
Hi All,

I'm new here and I've just got the Asus RT-AC5300 yesterday. I unboxed it, everything was fine, I was able to do the initial SSID settings for the router. Then I turn it off to move it to where it will actually reside in the house. I plug it in and it wont turn on, no power no nothing. I checked the outlet and it works, I moved it back to my desk and plugged it in to where it was plugged when I did the setup and still nothing.

I pulled my multimeter out and measure the voltage from the adapter, its at around 19v so I know the adapter isnt burned out or anything. The power switch is fine in that it clicks when pressed/depressed.

Anyone experience this? I've arranged a replacement with amazon but I still wanted to know what could've gone wrong in my case and if there's anything I could do to salvage the unit.

Thanks all.

Is there a power ON button stuck/blocked by the case?

Have you tried using the reset button?

OE

Hi All,

I'm new here and I've just got the Asus RT-AC5300 yesterday. I unboxed it, everything was fine, I was able to do the initial SSID settings for the router. Then I turn it off to move it to where it will actually reside in the house. I plug it in and it wont turn on, no power no nothing. I checked the outlet and it works, I moved it back to my desk and plugged it in to where it was plugged when I did the setup and still nothing.

I pulled my multimeter out and measure the voltage from the adapter, its at around 19v so I know the adapter isnt burned out or anything. The power switch is fine in that it clicks when pressed/depressed.

Anyone experience this? I've arranged a replacement with amazon but I still wanted to know what could've gone wrong in my case and if there's anything I could do to salvage the unit.

Thanks all.

Just because you can read 19V at the plug doesn't mean the power supply is functioning correctly. Do you happen to have another power supply or do you know someone you can borrow one from?

Just because you can read 19V at the plug doesn't mean the power supply is functioning correctly. Do you happen to have another power supply or do you know someone you can borrow one from?

Unfortunately no, I've no friends who has anything with similar output requirements for the router.

It sounds like you just got unlucky with faulty hardware. I can't remember seeing any similar reports of such a thing with that model so it seems unlikely it's a widespread issue. Better that it fails now rather than later.;)

It sounds like you just got unlucky with faulty hardware. I can't remember seeing any similar reports of such a thing with that model so it seems unlikely it's a widespread issue. Better that it fails now rather than later.;)
Yeah, it was weird, I was just setting it up and when I powered it off to be moved to where its supposed to go it never powered back on. I was hoping there was some kind of button combination I could press to maybe reset the thing like when an apple machine wouldnt charge lol.

Anyway Amazon has sent a new one so I'll have to wait for that. Thanks everyone.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!