What's new

rt-ac5300 will not enter rescue mode.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zerophase

Occasional Visitor
No matter how long I hold down the reset button, the router will not enter rescue mode. I believe default values in nvram are not set correctly, or the cfe is partially corrupted. I'm trying to flash from dd-wrt to Merlin or the stock firmware to see if that can fix issues I'm receiving with lan and wan. (can still access the router through the 5ghz radios) How may I go about flashing those firmwares safely without entering rescue mode?

Well I was fighting with some issues with my brand new RT-AC5300 too during the past 3 days (and I still do ffs) and I have managed to make it go into rescue mode in 2 ways.

1) Turn it off ... while the router is off push and keep pushed the reset button and the with the reset button being pushed turn the router on and keep the reset button
pushed until it starts flashing
2) I have also found myself entering rescue mode while I was desperate by simply keeping the reset button pushed for 1 min +++ ... at some point the router was starting to flash
... this happened when the hard reset procedure was not working for me and instead of getting a hard reset the router was turning on the rescue mode due to the duration of the
reset button being pushed

I hope this helps.

Well I was fighting with some issues with my brand new RT-AC5300 too during the past 3 days (and I still do ffs) and I have managed to make it go into rescue mode in 2 ways.

1) Turn it off ... while the router is off push and keep pushed the reset button and the with the reset button being pushed turn the router on and keep the reset button
pushed until it starts flashing
2) I have also found myself entering rescue mode while I was desperate by simply keeping the reset button pushed for 1 min +++ ... at some point the router was starting to flash
... this happened when the hard reset procedure was not working for me and instead of getting a hard reset the router was turning on the rescue mode due to the duration of the
reset button being pushed

I hope this helps.

Just tried that. Eventually dd wrt just comes up as a wireless choice. Ended up letting the reset button go at that moment.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!