What's new

Rt-ac56u 5ghz channels missing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pierino

Very Senior Member
I hate to ask this because it seems like I should know but I just bough an rt-ac56u.
It had cfe 1.0.1.9, I upgraded the cfe to 1.0.2.9 hoping it would improve the 2.4ghz problem. It didn't but now I notice that my 5ghz channel selection stops at 140.
My rt-ac68u goes up to 161.
I'm in the US and the cfe I flashed was labeled US.

Why don't I have the choice to select 161 for the rt-ac56u?

I posted in this subforum because Ive tried Johns latest fork and RMerlin 380.59
Btw, is there any way to make the 2.4ghz better?

Last edited:
Are you 100% sure you flashed with a US version, and also that the CFE was intended for the RT-AC56U?

Check those commands:

nvram get 0:ccode
nvram get 1:ccode

Nvram get 0:ccode returns a o.
Nvram get 1:ccode returns ALL

Thats why, thats a compiled CFE from source, so region is not set, you need to change it.

I will update the file to US region before you kill the router. :)

Thanks. I still will have to reflag the cfe. Wouldn't it just be easier to make the change in the cfe that I have already changed my macs and wps pin to?

My backed up cfe says 0:ccode=US
1:ccode=US.
Can I change the new cfe to those values and reflash it?

You can, but pay attention that you are not replacing only but increasing / decreasing it on the bootloader, if not done properly will result in a dead router.

I only can update the file later today.

I think I'll just flash my old cfe back to it.
Doesn't seem like there is any benefit to the 1.0.2.9

Ok.

Might still want to change it in case anyone else uses it.

I know you said that. I thought that since I flashed back the old cfe that you might decide not to do it.
I'm not an idiot. Lol. I can read. I didn't say you might want to do it now.

I don't see why I wouldn't do it based on your decision. Who told you were?

I don't see the word idiot in there, the idea was to tell you once again that I would do it later today after your reply and I will.

It's not part of me offending people, even more for free...

Ok, I'm sorry. Lol. It just seemed like a parent telling a kid "I says I will do it later."
By the way do you offend people for money?